Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best Mod I've Ever Made!!!

Old 06-28-2007, 06:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nkldrgr
I sold it! I finally sold my JK Rubicon...and made money on it! It didn't get out of its own way. Only locked in Lo4. I'll go back to my 1945 CJ2a fully built. At least it looks good.

Good luck with all your projects and be safe wheelin'. Take Care
Thanks
I think heshe/it was complimenting the JK for how it holds it's value. Most vehicles drop a couple thousand dollars as soon as you drive them off the show room floor. This lady made money on hers...his....no hers...no his??????
Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I didnt mean to sound like i was singling anyone out. That was not my intent at all. I just seem to hear it everywhere on this board and around home/with friends who own Jeeps too. Everyone seems to want it to go 80+ and ride as smooth as silk doing it. I just cant fathom the mentality of it. You dont buy a canoe to run drugs from Havana to Miami; that is what cigarette boats are for. Canoes are for low speed exploring and fun. Just like a Jeep.

I think the Jeep is plenty fast. I had mine creep up on me too when i first got it. I have since learned to watch it more closely. I think the thing has oodles of power for what i need. No, it isnt a Hemi with a blower on it burning alcohol with a nitrous boost, but i dont care. again, not what i bought it for. Yes i feel safer in it than i ever have any car i have ever owned.

Maybe it isnt the "drive Jeep fast" crowd that bothers me so much as the whole "gotta go fast, fast food, now, now, now" mentallity. I dont get any of it. I used to be in it, couldnt crawl out of it slow enough once i realised what it was doing to me.
I'm with ya there Happy. I have nowhere to go that I can't take the long way around. I wish we could make enough without the wife working so she could lay back some too but for now we have to get her paycheck plus the buisness sales. I looked in the mirror the other day and realized my hair and beard were getting long like I let it get for Christmas and you know what I said? I don't care I got no where to go, nothing to do, and no one to impress. I don;t think I will ever get it cut agian (trimmed neat maybe but not cut). At least till after the holidays when I got to get all the bleached ends out to let the natural grow back. A yearly haircut and shave now that sounds like the life. It could only get better if I were on an island somewhere where the trade winds kept it from being too warm lying in a hammock with a grass shack and no other person but my wife within 1000 miles or more.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Everyone seems to want it to go 80+ and ride as smooth as silk doing it. I just cant fathom the mentality of it. :
That was/is my problem ... (I completely admit to being in the wrong, and actually have no issue with the cop, he was just doing his job and was actually very cool about the whole thing) … but The rubi DOES ride so dam smooth at 80 I “don’t notice it” … Yes I KNOW I was going that fast because the speedometers says (also now doing that isn’t what the JK was made for and that it was not to smart to be going that fast in a brick on wheels with marshmallow suspension ) but is just doesn’t "feel like you are going to fast" ... Then again the last time I took that trip or any longish trip… I was driving a highly modified Xterra on "cut" 36 inch TSL’s where at anything over 65 it shook and rattled the truck so violently it seemed like the hood was about to come through the windshield.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Default It has been a while but...

the last time I was in Bethel there weren't a whole lot of vehicle choices / dealerships. Newer, hard to find vehicles were usually ordered out of Anchorage and trucked/driven in.

If true, I'm certain that the poster made VERY good money on the vehicle. Interesting that the only post made was this and not how he might have / could have improved it to have made even more on his sale!

Definitely the poster's loss. Mine acted slow(er) pre 1500 miles too but reading and learning made all the difference.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

Quick Reply: Best Mod I've Ever Made!!!