Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best time to buy a 2012?

Old 05-26-2012, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the market as well.
I'm about to go look in a few minutes.

The hardest part is finding what you want in the right color if you wait.

Good grief.....the Jeep get a discount on black paint? It seems like every Jeep on the lot is in black.....had 3.21's, and does not have limited slip.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:06 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Was at local dealership last week... EVERY JK is either black or silver. It's ridiculous. The wife wants Winter Chill... talk about picky!
Old 05-26-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Get the dealer to find it for you
Old 05-26-2012, 02:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
Get the dealer to find it for you
They'll want a deposit and not 100% we're gonna buy it.
Old 05-26-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think it really comes down to your area, your abilities and if you can find what you want. I'm also not a fan of vehicles that have sat for months and months, with the only driving being done is to the car wash station; seriously ask for an oil change before you pull off the lot.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Hello, all! This is actually my first post! I just got myself a 2012, 2 door Sahara for $9,000 under MSRP (Canadian). I had to wheel and deal these guys but in the end, after all the paperwork was signed, the sales manager told me that although I did get an amazing deal, I really only got that deal due to the 2013's soon arriving! So to answer your question, I believe that now is the best time to pick up a 2012 Jk!

Hope that helped!
Old 05-26-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRS-JK
Hello, all! This is actually my first post! I just got myself a 2012, 2 door Sahara for $9,000 under MSRP (Canadian). I had to wheel and deal these guys but in the end, after all the paperwork was signed, the sales manager told me that although I did get an amazing deal, I really only got that deal due to the 2013's soon arriving! So to answer your question, I believe that now is the best time to pick up a 2012 Jk!

Hope that helped!
9K under MRSP?? That thing must have been marked WAY up. MSRP is usually 14 - 18% over wholesale. Even if you got virtually every option on a Sahara, putting it right around 40K, 9K off would be close to 23%.... did you have a trade in they took off or something? Otherwise I just can't see anyone being able to take 9K off MRSP and still pull any kind of profit out of the deal. If that's legit I'll pay your plane ticket to Halifax to negotiate my deal, and even take you out to dinner!! Best I can do so far is about 5K under, and I've pretty much been told final offer, take it or leave it. That's been working 3 dealers for a week...
Old 05-26-2012, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rush54
9K under MRSP?? That thing must have been marked WAY up. MSRP is usually 14 - 18% over wholesale. Even if you got virtually every option on a Sahara, putting it right around 40K, 9K off would be close to 23%.... did you have a trade in they took off or something? Otherwise I just can't see anyone being able to take 9K off MRSP and still pull any kind of profit out of the deal. If that's legit I'll pay your plane ticket to Halifax to negotiate my deal, and even take you out to dinner!! Best I can do so far is about 5K under, and I've pretty much been told final offer, take it or leave it. That's been working 3 dealers for a week...
I was listening to the radio the other day, and around here the Jeep dealerships along with a few others from a specific dealership are offering up to 10k off of MSRP. Although I'm sure that you'd have to haggle a lot with them. But seeing as how the '13s are rolling in soon, you might get a better deal than you think.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2050 when the rest of us are in Jetson Hover Jeeps.

With no significant changes comming, I doubt anyone will see significant discounts.
Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dralphy
I was listening to the radio the other day, and around here the Jeep dealerships along with a few others from a specific dealership are offering up to 10k off of MSRP. Although I'm sure that you'd have to haggle a lot with them. But seeing as how the '13s are rolling in soon, you might get a better deal than you think.
I'm having a hard time believing the 10k off, but I'm hoping you're right about scoring a deal, I think I'm finally going to break down and go on Monday, since the price increases on the 2013 are kind of scaring me lol.

Quick Reply: Best time to buy a 2012?