Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Best Tires

Old 01-25-2017, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rob_engineer
the KM gets the feathering on the front tire treads. It will make them look shot. They are fine in that condition. Just rotate them to the back and they will even out in about 1000 miles. This feathering does not indicate a defect in the tire or suspension. It is just the nature of the beast.

Like I said i currently run a set with 30k on them with TONS of life left, the ones on the test drive jeep I'm not sure if they could be brought back. Especially at a $35k price tag
Old 01-25-2017, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a new set of BFG KO2s on my jkur. I got 65k miles out of the KM2s I had for the previous set. Both sets are 35x12.50x17 and I do the 5-tire rotation. Like others stated, I got the feathering on the front but regular rotation will even them out. The wet pavement traction loss on the km2s became noticeable in the last 3 or 4K. I loved the mud tires but the all-terrains are sufficient for my limited off road uses and a little cheaper. Now that I said that, I'll get stuck wishing I had the km2s. The ko2s are much quieter. I enjoy the radio a little more but miss the mud tire roar too.

Quick Reply: Best Tires