Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beware the Rough Country front discos

Old 05-30-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running JKS Quicker Discos and like previously mentioned just make sure to clean off the steel pins so the bushings can slide over them nicely. I disconnected mine before breakfast and wheeled all day and reconnected before supper. No problems - I highly recommend them.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:46 PM
JK Newbie

RC discos and JKS or Teraflex discos are in fact a very different design. I was on level ground and I played with everything possible to get them back in and I just couldn't do it without tools. They were also cleaned off at the time.

It is really just a piss poor design and I should have known better by their picture on the RC website, but I was sucked in by the low price. http://www.roughcountry.com if you want to take a gander.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IrishJK09
RC discos and JKS or Teraflex discos are in fact a very different design. I was on level ground and I played with everything possible to get them back in and I just couldn't do it without tools. They were also cleaned off at the time.

It is really just a piss poor design and I should have known better by their picture on the RC website, but I was sucked in by the low price. http://www.roughcountry.com if you want to take a gander.
Ahhh, gotcha, yeah, that doesn't look like a good way to make em. Send em back and get the jks.
Old 05-31-2009, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

I also made the mistake of getting the RC quick disconnects. they are a horrible design and were impossible to use. after intalling them, i used them once (disconnected ok, but going back on was a nightmare) and then removed them and sent them back for a refund. they were just terrible. you're really better off with a wrench and socket set.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mailman1119
I also made the mistake of getting the RC quick disconnects. they are a horrible design and were impossible to use. after intalling them, i used them once (disconnected ok, but going back on was a nightmare) and then removed them and sent them back for a refund. they were just terrible. you're really better off with a wrench and socket set.
How were they about the refund? Was it like pulling teeth, or were they pretty easy to deal with about it?

I have only actually disconnected them once, but I have been driving with them for about a month because they give me the necessary height to keep my sway bar level-ish.

The $50 (- my shipping costs) just isn't worth it if they are going to be a pain about the refund.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by neoxxis
Anyone has the new design Rough Country quick-disco?

I installed mine today and the locker pin is kinda hard to get in place... ?
I have them and love them. The pin is a bit difficult to get in (especially when ice has filled the hole), but I like how tight the pin is b/c I feel like the sway bar links are nice and tight after they're in there. After I figured out how to get them in I haven't had a problem with them at all.

I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone b/c they don't leave the sway bar dangling to tear something up like some of the other disco's and they don't rub like a lot of people report the tf ones do. Not to mention they are forum sponsors and their customer service is second to none.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have the new style and love them, but the old ones did suck.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Jedi

Don't have the new RC ones... after a couple of attempts with the old RC ones, I went to the Teraflex ones... Love em! They tuck away when not in use like the new RC ones, but didn't have to drill either.

As for the old ones, I can say - they truly lived up to their name - they were quick disconnects! No one said anything about being a quick re-connect! That was a royal PITA to try and get them back on though.

Quick Reply: Beware the Rough Country front discos