Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Beware when buying from Recon.

Old 01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beware when buying from Recon.

I purchased their LED signal lights and fender lights in September of last year for my '09 Rubi. As has been discussed, the signal lights were not as tinted as the fender lights, but I was fine with that and was happy with the way they made my black Rubi look. Two days after installing I smashed both of my front signals on a trail, my fault. Three months later, both of my fender lights quit working. I guess they are not built for Canadian winter driving, the wires corroded so badly on the lights that they fell off the back. As they are riveted in, I am not interested in pulling them and trying to fix them myself. All attempts I have made to get in contact with Recon have failed. I have been trying since December 14th to get these replaced under warranty. I will not, and would advise other to not purchase from these guys. They will not stand behind their product, or so seems to be the case for me anyways. I paid $100 USD for those fender lights, which is a premium for LEDS and what I thought would be a quality product. Disappointing to say the least.

Last edited by Menard666; 01-10-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of issues with the Recon lights on the Dodge truck forums as well. They look cool but I don't feel like wasting my money on something with hit or miss quality.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn, I was just getting ready to order signal lights and side markers too. So the signal lights arent nearly as tinted as the side markers? Heard they were more of a silver/gray color.

Quick Reply: Beware when buying from Recon.