Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

BFG replaced my tires.

Old 11-29-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BFG replaced my tires.

Went to sell the mud terrain take-offs from my 2010 mountain and there were cracks around the lugs. Even the spare that had never touched the ground had cracks. They replaced all 5 no hassel.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice, but i've never heard of the tires actually cracking like that.. Did you ever off road them?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow that is good news. When I rotated mine last week I noticed a bunch of what looked like small dry rot cracks all around the tire by the tread. Who did you talk to, to get this taken care of? Bfg? The dealer?
Thanks.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Nice, but i've never heard of the tires actually cracking like that.. Did you ever off road them?
Sounds like dry rot...which is very hard to believe for a tire that new
Old 11-30-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Wonder if they made a ton of these and they have been sitting for awhile.

You can determine your tire age by:
Tires Manufactured Since 2000

Since 2000, the week and year the tire was produced has been provided by the last four digits of the Tire Identification Number with the 2 digits being used to identify the week immediately preceding the 2 digits used to identify the year.
You can google "How do you tell tire age" and it comes up with examples and even pictures on what to look for.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry no pictures. No I never took them off-road. I looked up customer service and called after the tire store had looked at them. They called the tire store to confirm. The cracks were on the carcas of the tire around the lugs. The four on the ground were only on the jeep for 200 miles but there were cracks on the zero mile spare also. 1st tire store said take to BFG dealer. 2nd tire store (BFG dealer) said it was normal and they wouldn't warrenty tires they didn't sell. Third tire store (BFG dealer) was willing to help me.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

My buddy had a 2007 Ram that came with BFG rugged trail tires. After numerous issues and complaints, BFG finally agreed to replace all of them with a set of KO tires.

So he went from having one of the worst tires ever made, to having the most over-rated tire ever made. It was a lose-lose. Poor guy...

I can't say much though.. some of my Jeeps have come with Goodyear STs, which ARE the worst tires ever made.
Old 11-30-2011, 07:39 PM
JK Freak

I made the dealer replace the tires before I drove my Jeep of the lot. It was the deal breaker if they didn't. I told them that I didn't want the crappy Goodyear Wranglers and wasn't willing to pay to have them replaced the next day. They couldn't believe I was gonna walk away because of the tires and replaced them with BFG winter tires at no (extra) cost to me. I later got some Hankook MT tires for summer riding. They're great!

But, yeah, I think tires generally have about a five year shelf life.

Quick Reply: BFG replaced my tires.