Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Black Wheels?

Old 02-18-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by muttschu
I like the black wheel look on 4x4's not cars. In my opinion it gives a more rugged and military look.
x2

Besides Chrome is ugly and looks cheap.... It used to look nice, but now you can buy chrome hubcaps for ten bucks at walmart....
Old 02-18-2008, 07:59 AM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like it because it looks cool to me.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

How about a red jk with black wheels?? thats what I am debating havent seen many black wheels that really look good with the red.
Old 02-18-2008, 09:09 AM
JK Junkie

for me... i am going for a very specific look... military... i camp / hunt / ride / play with guns...

once all this paint gets scratched up... i will being going with a flat OD paint to replace it... and maybe a .50 cal up top...

oh yeah... and brake dust pisses me off almost as much as uber expensive "dust free" brake pads

Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Newbie

Talking black wheels

Ever heard "CHROME DON'T GET YA' HOME"
Old 02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a black Jk with a descent amount of chrome, lights, side mirror covers, tail light covers, but I would never dream of putting chrome rims on her. I'm saving up a black pair with a touch of chrome mainly to distance myself from the yahoos around here with 22 inch chrome rims on chevy suburbans and shit like that. My cousin keeps telling me to get 22 inch chromes and THEN my Jk will "hot". But no way in hell am I doing that to my baby.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:45 AM
JK Newbie

Talking History

Originally Posted by zero2krazy
I have a black Jk with a descent amount of chrome, lights, side mirror covers, tail light covers, but I would never dream of putting chrome rims on her. I'm saving up a black pair with a touch of chrome mainly to distance myself from the yahoos around here with 22 inch chrome rims on chevy suburbans and shit like that. My cousin keeps telling me to get 22 inch chromes and THEN my Jk will "hot". But no way in hell am I doing that to my baby.
It's and OLD American biker saying and if you think about it, it's the true....

.......if you are broke down in the middle of nowhere your bling bling will not get you home, but that heavy duty part you should have bought might
Old 02-18-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

For me, it all depends on the vehicle. Black says sporty to me. I went from this 600HP Trailblazer SS:

To this:

But more people liked the Traiblazer with the shiny wheels than they did the black ones. Go figure.
Old 02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Freak

I like both black and chrome or aluminum wheels. I'm stuck on whether to get black or machine finish on the KMC Enduro's I'm planning on. New jeep will be white. I like the black for ease of maintenance, and wife wants black, but I've seen a lot of white TJ's with aluminum wheels and like that look. I don't care for chrome on a 4x4, but I have enough on the Harley that its started falling off on the freeway.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Newbie

I like the price!! I paid like 68.00 EA for my 17's and I think they look great. Not to mention they are one hell of a strong wheel. Im sure I'll be touching them up quite a bit though, but hey with the black color, I can use a sharpie! Off point, but Ive used a black sharpie to touch up my black hardtop numerous times...

Quick Reply: Black Wheels?