Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Body damage to my new 2007 jeep wrangler

Old 09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body damage to my new 2007 jeep wrangler

This is my first post and I'm hoping someone can help me. After months of research I bought a 2007 unlimited Wrangler. Since then I have had the same great feeling as I did when I was driving in my 87 wrangler years ago. Last week some 17 yr old kid slammed into me as he was doing an illegal u-turn. I am now fighting with his insurance on getting my wrangler fixed. I want to use the body shop my jeep dealer uses, I want to it to be perfect again. The insurance company wants me to use their auto body shop because it cheaper for them. Honestly I don't care about that, I just don't want some shop that hasn't worked on the new wranglers to make mine their first. Does anyone know what my rights are in a situation like this? By the way, I'm in NJ.

Thanks,
Bill
Old 09-23-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can use any any shop you want, it is the law. That sucks, I'm in the same situation right now but using the insurance money to get new front bumper, rails, flex arms and some more... The stock replacements costs are more than aftermarket so you can likely get some upgrades out of this unfortunate ordeal... good luck, I should get mine back this week!!! Can't wait!!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Jersey law is that you can use any licensed body shop but they have to agree to state insurance price guidelines. (most all do)
Old 09-23-2007, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

All of these are correct I'm in the auto industry...
An insurance company can't tell you where to have your vehicle fixed Period.
They want you to use theirs because then they can pay the money directly to the repair shop. so you don't use it for .... mmm upgrades.

Quick Reply: Body damage to my new 2007 jeep wrangler