Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Camp Jeep

Old 02-21-2007, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Camp Jeep

Is anybody thinking about going to Camp Jeep? Have you been before?

What should you expect when you get there?:confused:
Old 02-21-2007, 05:59 PM
crd
JK Newbie

Been there three or four times. (the real reason my wife wants to buy another Jeep)

Once with our Cherokee Limited when we had it.

Two or three times with our TJ when we had that.

The trail rides are not very extreme, but they are very entertaining. Chrysler puts on a heck of a show.

Great family event. Tons of activites for people of all ages. If you have kids they will love it.

We sold our TJ last year and bought a Mini Cooper S. Needless to say we are in the market for a JK unlimited rubicon. 4 doors for the kids would be great.

Can't wait. Hopefully we'll get it before Camp Jeep this year so we can attend.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to go.

I just picked up the wifes new rubicon unlimited today.

my cars are a mini cooper S too it is a fun commute car but not good to pack the whole family in.

my Jeep is a restored 1942 military I would like to take that to camp jeep too.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:41 PM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

We are going and signed up last week. This will be our first camp Jeep and we are looking forward to it!
Old 02-21-2007, 08:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I heard camp jeep was pricey, how much did it cost to go there years past?
Old 02-21-2007, 09:11 PM
JK Newbie

I attended one years ago at the site it's being held this year. While there I met Jeepers from around the world and had a GREAT time! The trails were harder than their ratings as it had rtained for several days prior to the event and took double the time to complete. Not a complaint was heard about the additional trail time it was so much fun. The exhibits were top notch, the venders were all very friendly and had great discount prices. All the events to try were a total blast! I'm trying to convince my wife to attend this year but may end up going alone. One thought, how about the stickers for Project-JK that were discussed ? Sure would be proud to display some on my Rubi while there and make it easier to spot others from here. Hope to see you all there

Cheers
Packman
Old 02-22-2007, 04:28 AM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

Packman- thats a great idea to somehow meet up with other from Project-JK...
Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Newbie

I took the family in California in 2004. Great event - lots of great memories for all of us. Trails were not the greatest in that location, but that's only a small part of the whole deal. Great to see bone-stock grands banging the rockers. I still chuckle when I remember the KJ with the chrome nerf bar bent into a frown. We're still pulling out the freebies we picked up there and would go again in a heartbeat.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

We decided, we are going. Looking for hotels, were gonna take the motorhome and pull the jeep, but we are going to leave it at a campground we will be staying at for the month after.
Hope to see others there!
Old 02-23-2007, 05:33 AM
dsp
JK Enthusiast

where are y'all stayin'??? We have hotel reservations....hubbo wants to rent a cabin in the mountains....I read about the snakes- that are in the area -- and feeling like maybe a hotel is the way to go???( indoor pool- workout room...) ( Safety reasons with lil ones... ) so where ya stayin???? I can't wait!!!

Quick Reply: Camp Jeep