Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Camp Jeep

Old 07-24-2007, 09:59 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm open for suggestions. I don't know the area at all. I'll have my laptop also, but I am camping so the only internet will be at Camp Jeep. I just need it in case I have to remote into one of my customer's and fix something.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be driving through W.Virginia/ Virginia right now. But I'm not ! :sad:
No Camp Jeep for me this year. Hope ya all have a safe trip. !
Somebody grab me a flag !!
Old 07-25-2007, 06:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm leaving work now. I'll be on the road in a couple of hours. I'll be sure to take lots of pics.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ill wear my black NOVA Jeepers shirt tomm.
Feel free to call me 703.966.9377 if you guys cant find me or want to meet up for after activities. Thursday is totally open since all we signed up for is the Intermediate Trail ride at 4pm
Old 07-25-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Major Ho
Im going to be a huge nerd and bring my laptop. I should have internet in my hotel room at Wintergreen. So I can keep an eye on any kind of meeting time/place.
Yes thats very foo foo frilly of me but we originally intended on camping but when calling the nearest site was $100/night for camping?! Screw that Ill spend a few bucks more for resort ammenities
Anything in mind? I know of a good wing place in Charlottesville
You're not that much of a geek. I'll have mine and my Blackberry with me too. I'm one of those compulsive email checkers.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would love to meet up also. But wont have any access to email after tonight, Thursday i will be wearing my Project JK Shirt though. Hope to see you all there!

Here is a crazy idea. Lets meet up somewhere at the Tim concert?!?

Last edited by gergy9; 07-25-2007 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm staying in Lynchburg, looks to be about a 45min drive to Camp Jeep. I'll try to get some pics and post some tomorrow night, I have my laptop/internet access at hotel.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

As promised, some photos from Camp Jeep 07.
My impressions so far.
Very organized. For as large as a function, well done. I thought perhaps some vendors would have some event discounts, but none to be seen. Heck, they have a Jeep Store, with all the stuff you can buy online, at online prices. No discounts whatsoever. Everything with the Jeep logo is way overpriced. They had a Jeep footlocker made with thin veneer, cheap hinges and camo sticker finish for $150.
Not as many JK's I would have thought to have seen. Plenty, but I would have expected more. TJ's rule this event, some very nice lifted ones. I've seen 3 lifted JK's. Maybe I wasn't looking very hard. I did the owner's 4x4 playground, a small course with hills, rocks, and 2 water pits. One easy and one hard. The hard pit had door high water, very soft mud. 1 out of 8 or so vehicles made it out while I was watching. Rest had to be strapped out. I was in line, but saw how deep it was and how soft the bottom was and I moved over to the shallow pit. The fellow in front of me in a Rescue Green JK Rubi Unlimited went in, and had to be strapped out. Tore off his lower plastic air dam at the very least, may have had more damage.
Spoke to reps from AEV, Superlift, Bestop, and some others. AEV still having issues with their Argent colored Pintler Rims, no availability in the near future. Saw some Pintler Beadlocks, very nice. Bestop rep says they WILL be selling element tube doors for all 4 doors of Unlimiteds, front and rears. I had thought they had no plans for rears, but they had them there and said they are ready to start shipping rears.
Did the Intermediate Trail Ride. In a word, Lame. Get there 30 mins early, leave 30 mins late. Get to Trail Ride they say will run 2-4 hours, drive for 60 seconds, stop for 10 min. Drive for 60 seconds, stop for 15 min. drive for 60 seconds, stop for half an hour. Could have driven the entire route in 10-15 minutes tops, took us 2 hours. The trail I was on was cut out of dense forest, too tight in spots (inches on each side, could have lost some small diameter trees to make it better). Several turns that required stopping and backing, not enough radius at full lock with my Unlimited, others had to do same. But no real natural obstacles. One spot had sharp rocks placed on the trail as an "obstacle", but they put them on a slope, with a tree on the low side. Well, that sounds like a combination for someone bouncing into the tree, and well, the guy in front of me on his nice 75 CJ, lurched up, and slid sideways into the tree, losing his mirror. Minor, but if they were going to place a manmade obstacle, why on a sideslope with a single tree at the shallow end. There was one nice natural obstable, some big boulders, at the same point where the placed rocks were, giving you the choice of either route. It was easy to see you needed a decent lift and larger tires to clear the boulders, but that didn't stop the dude a few in front of us from trying with his TJ with stock suspension. He high centered and we all waited while the Guides tried to pull him off, first from front then from rear. After all that, he tried again and had to be dragged off the rocks. 4 turns later the Trail Ride was over. My kids were like "that's it?". But it was fun anyho. I have another ride tomorrow, hope that one's better. Tim McGraw had his concert tonight, have no Idea how it was, don't care for Country much, went wheelin instead. I'll post more pics tomorrow if I find anything worth capturing.
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-26-2007, 08:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

And more Pics
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-26-2007, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

And the last few for today
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
:toung: :toung: :toung: :toung:

Quick Reply: Camp Jeep