Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes

Old 02-27-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked mine up today. I can't wait to get it off road.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Newbie

what do you think could have happened i have seen alot of unlimited rubicons ordered after yours and have theirs in the driveway already i think that i would have to say something.
Old 02-27-2007, 06:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jerm5784
what do you think could have happened i have seen alot of unlimited rubicons ordered after yours and have theirs in the driveway already i think that i would have to say something.
I'm pretty darn sure it has to do with the dealer's allocation you order from. I ordered from a pretty large volume dealer (they currently have 24 + Unlimited 4x4's on their lot and 8 + 2dr Rubicons) and got mine in a fairly decent time frame. Ordered Dec. 2nd, Delivered Feb. 12th. My order had the dual top option on it too.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Newbie

Default Finally after 5 months!

Finally!!!!!! Mine will be arriving here this weekend sometime!The past five months have been gruelling. This has been the hardest wait of my life. Those of you who have been getting quick builds lately consider yourselves lucky. I don't wish this wait apon anyone. Just hope it was well worth it.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:01 AM
JK Freak

k. mine was in Nebraska as of a couple hours ago.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by superboo
k. mine was in Nebraska as of a couple hours ago.
Mine arrived at Hinkle, OR as of 12:46 AM this morning!
That's about a 3.5 hours by highway, so I'm hoping it will be at the railyard today Although it's still showing an ETA of 03-02 (Mar 2). Problem is it doesn't say where that ETA is :sad:

Dealer said last night it was still scheduled to be here on Mar 2.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ImmortalityLTD
OK, I'm getting frustrated.

The last couple of times I called to check my order status, they told me it was at "D". Then I heard that production on the half door Unlimiteds wouldn't begin until the 28th. I figured that if they are beginning to produce half door Unlimiteds today, that my order status should bump up to D-1, since I ordered it the first day you could.

So this morning (the 28th) I called again, and was told that I shouldn't even have a VIN#, since my order was only in D and they don't issue a VIN until D-1.

Then she told me that she couldn't find my order status at all, it was just in the notes from the last time I called that they told me I was at "D".

So were they yanking my chain before, or did this rep not know what the heck she was doing?
When I was at D status, the 800 number initially could not "find/confirm" the VIN# either. The dealer however was able to get into the system, and print me off the order form showing the invoice. You get a VIN at D status, it just may be that the 800 number people don't either have access to it, or not all know how to access it.

As far as them not even finding the order status....not sure on that...I had one point a few months back where they could not "find" my order either, but never came up with an explanation for what happened...maybe you are in the process of moving from D to D1 and it had "blipped off the radar" in the system as it moved.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I hoped that was the problem, so I tried back a few hours later. That operator knew how to access my order status, and then called my dealer because she thought it had been way too long at D.

Long story short, the dealer doesn't know what's going on, Chrysler is referring me to the dealer, saying the dealer will be able to find out more than they can, and nobody's too concerned since its still less than two months since I ordered.

I know I shouldn't complain about this, since so many of you have waited a lot longer, but what frustrates me is not that I have to wait, it's that nobody knows what the heck is going on!
How long have you been in D? I know others have waited in D status for a month or more....I had a little over 2 weeks at D personally.

Could be any number of reasons for why your order has not progressed to D1 and actual production....maybe they will need some reconfiguration of the line to some degree for the 1/2 doors, and they are waiting to queue a bunch through at once.
Old 02-28-2007, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I hoped that was the problem, so I tried back a few hours later. That operator knew how to access my order status, and then called my dealer because she thought it had been way too long at D.

Long story short, the dealer doesn't know what's going on, Chrysler is referring me to the dealer, saying the dealer will be able to find out more than they can, and nobody's too concerned since its still less than two months since I ordered.

I know I shouldn't complain about this, since so many of you have waited a lot longer, but what frustrates me is not that I have to wait, it's that nobody knows what the heck is going on!
Dude you ordered Jan 19. GIVE IT TIME. Jesus I didnt even call for the first 2 months. I ordered my Rubi on nov 10-15, and didnt call until beginning of feb, when I found it had been in D status for 2 MONTHS. Then on feb 18th I went to D1 and yesterday I called and am KZ.

If you get your before May, consider yourself lucky.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered mine on 2-5, and today I called the 1-800 to check to see if it moved off D, since it went to D right after I ordered it. Boy did I open a can of worms. The operator checked on the status, said it was still in D, and asked me to hold while she contacted my dealership. After a few minutes she came back and apologized for the wait and said she was still discussing my vehicle order with my dealership. She came back and stated she was sending a package to the dealership regarding my vehicle to get more people involved in the progression of my order.. ?
She apologized and thanked me for contacting Chrysler group..
I explained I was not complaining, just inquiring, she stated it was policy to contact the dealership when status has not moved over a certain length of time.
Within 30 seconds of hanging up with her, the dealership sales manager called and apologized for the delay, and stated they would be on top of the order and would keep me in the loop on the vehicle status, and went on to explain how the wranglers were taking longer than the average DCX vehicle to build, etc, apologizing several more times.
I had to interrupt him and apologize myself, explaining I was not complaining, just checking on the status..
He went on to tell me thats ok, but he wanted to be sure I was satisfied with my experience, and he had already discussed my order with my salesman and they would be watching it closely..

Boy, all I wanted was to check on status.. Still in D.

Mike

Quick Reply: Check the Status of your Jeep JK Wrangler - Order Status Codes