Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler Buy Back on my 3 month old JK

Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be pissed too...don't know that I'd go so far as to create that avatar. Words of wisdom...don't hold up a "White Pride" sign where Al Sharpton is speaking.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skibum
I say give the guy a break. He's got every right to be pissed if his first one was junk.
The question is pissed at who? DC, dealership, et al. okay, but not the Jeep. To me it's akin to yelling at your kid that is born with a disability.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:39 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it is cool enough to be pissed about getting a lemon. I would be fuming. Guy has every right to be. IMHO the avatar was unneccisarily inflamatory. We all complain about what some amounts to some petty stuff wrong with ours. We all know it, we all let each other whine. If this one was bad enough to go back as a lemon law special, then i am glad you got a new one I just thought that getting people aggravated before they even read your post, wasnt such a good way to start.
My opinion, YMMV. etc.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

All I know is that I took an awful lot of crap for reporting the negative things about my Jeep. And for the record, the problems were not exagerated or embelished. Nontheless, It was insinuated over and over that 1) it's a jeep thing and I just didn't understand, 2) I was imagining my problems......it couldn't really be that bad, 3) I must really own a hummer or an FJ, or 4) I was a card carrying communist out to bash Jeep and all things American.

So again, I say give the guy a break. Give him the chance for the new Jeep to change his honestly aquired opinion.

BTW.......tgrt, are you honestly comparing a Jeep to a child? A child's genetic problems are in no way similar to a product from a company that has demonstrated little in the way of customer service. I know, I have a 12 year old with "issues".
Old 05-15-2007, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

Thumbs down

Hmmm... that avatar IS pretty inflammatory. Some might even say it's flame-baiting or trolling.

IMHO, you might as well put up a "Hummers Rule" avatar, or an avatar of a burning American flag. While we're a pretty varied crowd, MOST Jeep owners hold certain common beliefs highly:

Jeeps rule.
The JK is the best Jeep ever made.
God bless America.

As far as anger toward a lemon-law vehicle - yes, you're entitled. BUT, it seems like, in this case, the dealership and DCX made it right by giving him a brand new one... so why is there still this hostility against Jeeps?

If you don't like Jeeps, there's really no point in you being here... this is THE definitive JK forum, worldwide, and bashing a Jeep's abilities or image is not the way to endear yourself to the members of the forum. Take that for whatever it's worth ($.02).
Old 05-15-2007, 08:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Disagree. I say this is the same thing as talking poorly about your family, sports team, branch of military service, etc. You can do it but someone from outside the group had better not.

At this point, I suppose I should also mention that I created an avatar some time ago that used the "Only in a Jeep" logo. I changed the "J" to an "H" and put little red "X"s across the headlights. I chose not to post it because of this type of reaction.

Last edited by skibum; 05-15-2007 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by skibum
Disagree. I say this is the same thing as talking poorly about your family, sports team, branch of military service, etc. You can do it but someone from outside the group had better not.
But if you're not willing to acknowledge a Jeep's prowess off-road, are you really someone from the inside? I don't think so...

Oh, and by the way, I'd like to state again: You're totally entitled to be pissed off if your Jeep suffers from serious manufacturing defects - that's your right as a Jeep owner. However, you shouldn't equate that ONE ill-made model as a perfect representative of ALL models. In other words, just because you have trouble with your Jeep doesn't mean that they're all flawed. And if you dealership makes good on the deal by fixing or replacing your Jeep, then let it go!

Last edited by MJS_Jeep_888; 05-15-2007 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888
But if you're not willing to acknowledge a Jeep's prowess off-road, are you really someone from the inside? I don't think so...
So what you are saying is, dissenting opinions are not allowed here. What happened to "God Bless America"? Last time I checked, this great nation was founded by dissenters. BTW, I don't think he's making a general statement about all Jeeps.......just expressing his opinion about his own.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh come now. I have a silver one, and i said i liked the red one. :toung:

I was being nice.

There are problems with these things & it is sad that some get ostracized for speaking up about their concerns while others dont. dunno why that is, but it should stop.
I stopped about a week ago and looked at one at the dealership right next to mine. that one had the door dents, a cowl-mirror dent, (mine has neither -yet) mine is scratched to crap inside, the one at the dealer had pretty stout plastic compared to mine (the saleman and I both tried to mar it a bit, didnt happen). That ones hood was ligned up, mine from the factory wasnt, etc. Good & bad on both. Very real problems and i would be hot about alot of these things. No discounting that. but some scratchy plastic isnt going to produce a lemon law return i dont think, so apparently this Jeep had larger issues? DC thought so, they took it back. ~ Problem solved.
Let the guy have fun in his Jeep, then come back & bitch with the rest of us.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Oh come now. I have a silver one, and i said i liked the red one. :toung:

I was being nice.

There are problems with these things & it is sad that some get ostracized for speaking up about their concerns while others dont. dunno why that is, but it should stop.
I stopped about a week ago and looked at one at the dealership right next to mine. that one had the door dents, a cowl-mirror dent, (mine has neither -yet) mine is scratched to crap inside, the one at the dealer had pretty stout plastic compared to mine (the saleman and I both tried to mar it a bit, didnt happen). That ones hood was ligned up, mine from the factory wasnt, etc. Good & bad on both. Very real problems and i would be hot about alot of these things. No discounting that. but some scratchy plastic isnt going to produce a lemon law return i dont think, so apparently this Jeep had larger issues? DC thought so, they took it back. ~ Problem solved.
Let the guy have fun in his Jeep, then come back & bitch with the rest of us.
Once again, cooler heads prevail. I apologize to any I have offended in this thread, but I still get pretty fired up over this issue. I'll try to calm down. Time for a pill anyway.

Quick Reply: Chrysler Buy Back on my 3 month old JK