Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Chrysler's "Camp Jeep"...Any chance it will ever return???

Old 03-17-2011, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chrysler's "Camp Jeep"...Any chance it will ever return???

Who knew that my first Camp Jeep in 2007 in Virginia would possibly be my last. My wife was skeptical at first and told her all her friends I was taking her to "Jeep Camp" and laughed.

There was nearly 5,000 Jeeps there with nearly 11,000 people there !
It was unbelieveable!!! The trail runs, a Jeep playground, activities for kids, Jeep museum, outdoor activities, vendor booths, Tony Hawk and the Flying Tomato on skateboards doing tricks, fireworks and live entertainment all made for a fantastic couple of days. We both were in awe of the whole thing and decided that we would do this every year if it was within a days drive of home. Then suddenly it was gone...

They need to bring it back even if its scaled back somewhat. Any thoughts or rumors ?
Old 03-18-2011, 07:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From what I've heard from Oak Ridge Estates (location of Camp Jeep 2007)..... each year Jeep has been inquiring if the land is available during the month of July and tentatively reserves it. Then after a few months they contact Oak Ridge Estates and indicate they are canceling the reservation. In 2009 Oak Ridge Estates informed that Jeep said the reason why Camp Jeep was canceled was due to the big auto bailout..... Jeep wanted to have the event but the govt dept that overseas the bailout denied their request.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
From what I've heard from Oak Ridge Estates (location of Camp Jeep 2007)..... each year Jeep has been inquiring if the land is available during the month of July and tentatively reserves it. Then after a few months they contact Oak Ridge Estates and indicate they are canceling the reservation. In 2009 Oak Ridge Estates informed that Jeep said the reason why Camp Jeep was canceled was due to the big auto bailout..... Jeep wanted to have the event but the govt dept that overseas the bailout denied their request.
The frickin government finds yet another way to spoil our fun...but I blame Chrysler as well. That's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.
When someone owns that big a piece of you, loss of liberty is the ultimate price we all pay.

Of course we all know that a detached government bureaucracy is infinitely more capable in making decisions for the Marketing Dept of a major U.S. auto manufacturer.... Let's just hope that Obama doesn't wake up some morning and proclaim all Jeeps must get 45 mpg...
Old 03-18-2011, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I went to what I think was the first Camp Jeep, 1995, Camp Hale (near Vail) Colorado. I was 25 and it was a religious experience. I would go again in a heartbeat if they had it out west.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I missed out on previous Camp Jeeps, but I hope they return.
What other brand can get that type of turn out, I've got to believe with 11,000 people coming they can figure out a way to offset the cost, just think of the T-shirt sales!
Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
Who knew that my first Camp Jeep in 2007 in Virginia would possibly be my last. My wife was skeptical at first and told her all her friends I was taking her to "Jeep Camp" and laughed.

There was nearly 5,000 Jeeps there with nearly 11,000 people there !
It was unbelievable!!! The trail runs, a Jeep playground, activities for kids, Jeep museum, outdoor activities, vendor booths, Tony Hawk and the Flying Tomato on skateboards doing tricks, fireworks and live entertainment all made for a fantastic couple of days. We both were in awe of the whole thing and decided that we would do this every year if it was within a days drive of home. Then suddenly it was gone...

They need to bring it back even if its scaled back somewhat. Any thoughts or rumors ?

I agree...2007 at Oak Ridge was a great time...a great Jeep event with a ton of great Jeep people to hang out with. I kind of gave up on it after they cancelled '08 and '09 and figure it won't be back any time soon. I hope I'm wrong. Here's a shot from the Owners Playground in '07 ...

Quick Reply: Chrysler's "Camp Jeep"...Any chance it will ever return???