Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 08-23-2012, 03:40 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
Full Traction lift? Gonna have to look that one up...
Best lift for the $ imo.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DanBlan
2012 Silver JKU Rubi. Ordered it in Dec and picked it up mid Feb. Only had 3 km on it and it was all shiny and new. I'll hit 10 000 km early next week. I'd guess at least a quarter of those km's where off road. It currently has a healthy amount of pin stripping, at least 3 dents, beat up rims and lots of rock humping scars on the belly not to mention the butt load of dust and mud built up all throughout. I've already replaced the front bumper and added a winch. Hope to be installing 3" lift and 35's in the very near future.
So far, it's problem free (knocking aggressively on wood) and has been a ton of fun to drive. My last ride was a '98 2 door stock XJ sport. I love that Jeep very much but damn this Rubi is just so much freekin' fun!!!

It would be pretty sweet if there was a section dedicated to the 2012's on this forum considering how many differences there are compared to older models. It would also be pretty sweet to have a section dedicated to Rubi's.

Here she be parked on top of a mountain just east of Manning Park BC.
Nice jkur btw nice to see a fellow west coaster
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rrcross

19.6!
I haven't gotten above 15 ever. My commute is almost all street miles and a number of hills, plus I am running the 4.1 gears on stock 32s with an Auto tranny and 5100 miles on the odo. (Apparently full mpg and performance is programmed out until the odo passes 5k so until now I haven't whined).

Ok I know you have a 2012 and an auto tranny. What size tires, and gears are you running?
Was in the same boat 285/70/17 cooper St maxx and stock 4.10 rubi gears I was getting 14.9 mpg avg till I hit 5000kms and it jumped to 16.5-17 mpg and the jeep drove much nicer I also changed my oil right at 5k to royal purple 5-30 full synthetic noticed idle ALOT smoother
Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maverick17
This thread is getting more interesting now... LOL Not that it wasn't before...

Yeah the lift will most likely be the last thing since if I do one I'll most like pay the money and get the Mopar (Teraflex w/Fox shocks) 3" lift... but its so pricey I want to hold out. Put some miles on the rig first.
Pricey is an understatement I have a 2012 jkur and would Like a 2.5 aev duelsport xt lift not bad $1k here in northern Alberta Canada but weary of the warranty (gold) package .Called local dealership for the 3" wanted installed including to warranty the work $3200 Canadian and $4400 for the 4" I told them that was a crock of sh-- and they would not install a premium lift an warranty it unless it had a mopar part number on it so stuck in a spot here...
Old 08-23-2012, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bootscraper
It's the Danzig skull. Danzig is a metal band. One of my top 3 favorite bands. Plus it resembles the front end on a JK to me.
It's funny seeing that logo reminds me of younger years
Old 08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow just found this thread
I have a 2012 unlimited rubicon orange crush color matched flares and hardtop ordered 5 Spd auto with 4.10 gears leather saddle interior and max tow or (bs) pkg .This is my first jeep I've had few dodge 1/2 ton 4x4 and I have one currently Reg cab 4x4 5.7 which is now the wifes since I will not allow her to drive My keyword My jeep lol. I think this thing was ment to happen my father had an old willies I can barely remember when I was a kid and so did my grandfather but anyways... it is exactally what I was missing in all my vehicles i owned driving a dodge I'm used to having crappy mpg j just love the stock capabilities out of the box my rubi has.
Mods are from day one
Cooper St max 285/70/17 (heavy mofos)
Procomp 7069 17" 4.75 bs
Rigid dually with smittybilt windshield mounts (spot beam)
Mopar tinted bug deflector
Smittybilt cargo mesh back
Future mods sp__ more lights hopefully aev duelsport xt 2.5 and stubby bumper and rear/carrier

heres some pics

not sure why when i take pics of the jeep it looks smaller than what it is not sure since im tall makes it look have smaller ground clearence?!?

Last edited by wishithadahemi; 08-24-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Welcome to the thread... the more the merrier!!!
Old 08-31-2012, 12:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Had a weird hiccup with my 12 jkur today. Yesterday I washed it and clean the inside and the dirt from inside the door sills. Today the front windows would not function. Got to my destination and they worked again. not sure the deal there.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chilla
Had a weird hiccup with my 12 jkur today. Yesterday I washed it and clean the inside and the dirt from inside the door sills. Today the front windows would not function. Got to my destination and they worked again. not sure the deal there.
That is strange. Did you by chance... get water into the window switches? The only other thing I could think of is a loose connection on the electrical harness for the door but both doors? ...and for them to work after driving a bit? Thats why I'm thinking something got damp or wet then later dried.

So far I've got about 4800 miles on mine... I still haven't taken it on any really serious 'wheeling' yet. But I have been taking it out once a month to a dirt road to put it into 4H and 4L to let the transfer case get a little use. Since this is my first Jeep my initial ability to shift from the various transfer case ranges was very rusty at first... but getting better now... and I think the transfer case is beaking-in too. Seems easier to shift.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:46 PM
JK Newbie

Default Here's my 2012

Here is my 2012. It is Jeep #6 for me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	b.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	361182

Quick Reply: Class of 2012