Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Class of 2012

Old 09-26-2012, 04:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just seeing this thread for some reason traded in the old Tj an got a 2012 jku 6speed 4in lift with 35's xrc front an rear bumper, banks exhaust,kc lights and sick speed shift knobs

Been having the jku for about 3 months an loving it , question though does my 6speed have hill assist I've seen in on the menu on the dash in the personal preferences but I thought it was a button like the rubi's have?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
I know what you mean. I'm going to put 33's on mine which will make driving with 4:10's smoother. But, my MPG will go down the tubes. But I'll gain some clearance without a lift and will look COOOLER.
Wendy, when you say you never get better than 17...is that average or highway?

I have 33x12.5r15 tires on my 6spd Rubicon, and they measure only 1 inch taller than stock rubi tires.

If I go 65mph on cruise control I get 20-21, if I go 70-75 I get around 18-19.

Have you reset your MPG calculator on your dash once you get to highway speeds and then watch what it does?

I average 17 with city and highway driving mix.

The 33s fit nice and look good but I'm pretty positive I'll rip off some fenders if I tried to disconnect offroad, hence me needing a lift desperately.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Zenabi
Just seeing this thread for some reason traded in the old Tj an got a 2012 jku 6speed 4in lift with 35's xrc front an rear bumper, banks exhaust,kc lights and sick speed shift knobs

Been having the jku for about 3 months an loving it , question though does my 6speed have hill assist I've seen in on the menu on the dash in the personal preferences but I thought it was a button like the rubi's have?
Automatic Rubis (and maybe other models) have a button for hill descent, that automatically applies the brakes when going down a slope to maintain a slow steady speed.

Manual rubis don't have this feature as a button, the manual will engine brake you on a descent for the most part.

The manual rubis however, do have a hill-start assist that when on an incline, will hold the brakes so you don't roll backwards while working the clutch. Not an issue unless you have 3 feet usually. I was only born with 2.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod

Automatic Rubis (and maybe other models) have a button for hill descent, that automatically applies the brakes when going down a slope to maintain a slow steady speed.

Manual rubis don't have this feature as a button, the manual will engine brake you on a descent for the most part.

The manual rubis however, do have a hill-start assist that when on an incline, will hold the brakes so you don't roll backwards while working the clutch. Not an issue unless you have 3 feet usually. I was only born with 2.
Hahaha I was just wondering cause I was playing with the personal settings on the dash an I saw hill assist but didn't know how it worked ...... I was born with two feet 3 on a good day lmao
Old 09-26-2012, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hahaha I was just wondering cause I was playing with the personal settings on the dash an I saw hill assist but didn't know how it worked ...... I was born with two feet 3 on a good day lmao
I see you live in Houma so it might be hard to find an incline....lol.

Try it out. Turn on hill start assist. Find an incline like a drive way or something where you can roll backwards when you lift off the brake. The jeep should hold the brakes when you take your foot off for a few seconds giving you time to work the clutch.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

subscribed.. 2012 2dr 6spd 9000 miles

33's

Putting on Q series winch this weekend.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thedrod

I see you live in Houma so it might be hard to find an incline....lol.

Try it out. Turn on hill start assist. Find an incline like a drive way or something where you can roll backwards when you lift off the brake. The jeep should hold the brakes when you take your foot off for a few seconds giving you time to work the clutch.
Haha yea pretty much flat but I don't have to go far to find mud lol you from Louisiana ?
Old 09-26-2012, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha yea pretty much flat but I don't have to go far to find mud lol you from Louisiana ?
Not from Louisiana. I work in Offshore Oil & Gas. So I venture to that area often.
Old 09-26-2012, 06:29 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rule18
You won't necessarily lose mpg (unless you're getting great mpg) - I'm running 33s with no lift and 4.10, I average around 19.something (hand calculated, not the dash mpg). That's a combination of hilly highways, local roads and a right shoe which is almost certainly made of lead.
How's your fender clearance off-road (articulation), are you going to do flat fenders?
Old 09-26-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wendy.Jeepchick
How's your fender clearance off-road (articulation), are you going to do flat fenders?
Not as good as if I had a lift... I only lost a slight bit since the mounted 33s measure 32-ish and the stock BFGs measured 31-ish. I'm considering 35s and a TF2.5 with shocks (even though I said I wasn't going to lift). No, I hadn't considered fender replacement.

Quick Reply: Class of 2012