Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Is your Wrangler clean or dirty (as a general rule)?
I prefer to keep my Wrangler washed and shined, thank you!
63.09%
I rarely if ever wash my Wrangler and prefer its "well used" appearance.
36.91%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

The Clean or Dirty thread

Old 03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question The Clean or Dirty thread

Tell me, am I just lazy or do I really enjoy my Jeep being relatively filthy inside and out? Is my JK's condition tantamount to a favorite pair of faded blue jeans you wear five days in a row before washing?

What's worse, the guy with an off-road capable machine who never ventures from the pavement while keeping his rig showroom clean -OR- the guy who leaves his Jeep dirty inside and out yet isn't as much the off-roader as the old dirt, mud and road spray on the sides of his ride would suggest?

Personally, I kind of like my Jeep dirty. The interior isn't full of trash or food wrappers, but it's been months since I wiped down the dash or Shop-Vac'd the floors. And the outside looks just like it did last fall, the last time I washed it.

So what's the consensus preference for day in day out driving? Clean or Dirty?
Old 03-04-2009, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeep is a tool. You keep your tools clean and take care of them so they last. You don't clean them you shorten their lives and don't notice problems until they break.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

I clean mine really good about once a month.. or two.. other than that.. it's dirty.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wash mine about twice a year. The tool analogy is a bit far fetched if you ask me. I change my oil every 3k miles, diff fluid every 15k, regularly check belts, hoses, grease neccessary suspension parts, and even put some antiirust on the door hinges, and I spray down the wheels abd undercarriage to get any gunk out of the brakes and joints, especially after beach trips. Maintanence is neccessary to keep your tool working properly, cleaning it doesn't make a damn bit of difference. I don't think how much mud is still stuck to my carpets or how much of my paint you can see will negatively impact my performance.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Junkie

i like mine dirty,but i always clean it up pretty quickly.
i just like my stuff clean,i wheel it plenty
Old 03-04-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take pride in washing and cleaning the jeep, but as soon as ive finished with the chamois i'm out looking for a new mud puddle to put the racing stripes back on.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:22 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I prefer to keep mine clean, especially the inside. I am paying too much and want to keep it for a long time to not take care of it. But, also I do like to drive it around dirty for a couple of days before I do wash it.
Old 03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jmc
I prefer to keep mine clean, especially the inside. I am paying too much and want to keep it for a long time to not take care of it. But, also I do like to drive it around dirty for a couple of days before I do wash it.
x2. I plan on having mine for a long time and I pay way too damn much to not take care of it. Besides, i'll get good resale value if I take care of it, not that I ever want to part with it.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dirty.

if i go on a run and im caked in mud, ill leave it on a few days and then power wash it off.

as for daily driving, i dont think ive washed her yet. might get a bath around love bug season, but nothing too strenuous... power wash with soap and uh, thats it.

haha.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I Keep the interior as clean as possible. I wash the outside once a week. I like it clean and I like the outside dirty but not the inside. I ride on the inside so I want it clean. On my days off though the inside is always getting leaves in it because if it decent out the tops and doors are off.

Quick Reply: The Clean or Dirty thread