Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Corolla Beach Access Road

Old 10-12-2017, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Corolla Beach Access Road

So I'm thinking of heading out to the beach, and it'll be my first time. I've read enough on pointers and what to do and what not to do. My questions is, anyone that's gone out on the beach there, is there a place to air up? I don't have on-board air (yet) and won't get it until next year, especially since I'm now replacing my 42RLE that gave up on life yesterday.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

There are various gas stations that accept quarters and there's supposed to be a rental home place that has free air for visitors but I've always just gone with a compressor.

Truth be told- you don't need to air down for Corolla. It's recommended because of the amount of tourism the area sees but it's not necessary. They recently passed legislation to fine folks who are out there without being aired down but it's really to get the kids out there cutting up the beach and the tourists who failed to heed all warnings.

But....that's just my experience of living in the area for 20 years. Enjoy the horses but from a distance. If its rained recently then stay away from the puddles on those back roads, they'll swallow a jeep on 4.5" and 37's. Drive as though it's your grandma's front yard and the locals won't bother you. Drive like an idiot and you can be assured that the police will be dispatched to issue you a $50 fine.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks a bunch!

Quick Reply: Corolla Beach Access Road