Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Cruel Question

Old 01-08-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruel Question

The question on Mikes news this week is would you rather have a 2WD Wrangler or a 4WD Liberty? That's just plain mean. I might have nightmares tonight.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

Wink

I'd rather have the 2wd wrangler and here is why. 1) on looks alone, the average Joe wouldn't know its only 2wd and i personally like the look of the JK much better than the KJ... 2) I've seen some guys do some seriously sick and impressive wheeling with two wheel drives, granted the 4wd is a huge advantage, but as long as you know what you're doing you can still have lots of fun even if you don't have a transfer case. 3) there aren't really many lift options or any other aftermarket options for Libertys. I know there are a number of 2-3" lifts for them that work pretty well, and like a 6" or 8" that doesn't work to well at all, but even then you can only fit like a 31" or 32" tire. At least you can still get a bad ass look with a 2wd JK still having all the lift options and everything else available for it. 4) The JK has only been out a few months now, and look at how much is already available for it. The KJ has been out for years and there is probably less available for that than the JK, just imagine as time goes on, how many more options there will be down the road. 5) Lastly, You could always make it four wheel drive down the road. the way us crazy jeepers get with our wranglers, its only a matter of time before someone starts dropping atlas trannys and transfer cases in making it reasonably affordable to do the conversion by buying there old stuff on ebay. to do this with a liberty, you would almost undoubtable have to buy everything from the dealer... and we all know that would cost you an arm and a leg. Final note: i have no problem with the Liberty. I actually really like it. While i think jeep should still be making the Cherokee as long as the liberty, it was a smart move for them as they sell very well, i would even happily buy a liberty... of course not as my first car. Right now i have a black unlimited Rubicon JK, and wouldn't get rid of it for the world. One day i hope to have a driveway full of Jeeps, everything from the old Willys, to a J10 truck, to a grand cherokee, and even a compass, of course there will have to more than a couple wranglers first. Anyway, just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who has a liberty, not to take my opinion the wrong way.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

If I lived in the sunbelt, I would take the 2WD JK.

But I live in North America's version of Siberia, so it's 4WD no matter what. In fact, if you offered me a fleet of 2WD JKs or a 4x4 Lada Niva, I would take the Niva. It's nearly imperative in Montreal.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

Default Give me Liberty or give me death !

4WD Liberty and mod the daylights out of it.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

2wd JK, and call in a snow day from work..until the mods come in for 4wd hhmmm then not tell the boss and take the day off anyway, and go Wheeling instead.
Old 01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Without a doubt, the 4WD Liberty.

Then sell it and by a 4WD JK......
Old 01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wouldn't want to try this in a 2wd anything!

Quick Reply: Cruel Question