Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Curse of The JK Rubi Dent

Old 12-27-2006, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Curse of The JK Rubi Dent

Hey everyone, jeep vs deer guy here. I got my 4-door rubi back and it was good as new but I have an interesting tale of the curse of the JK dent.

Before I pulled my brand new JK off the lot, I noticed a dent on the front driver's side quarter panel, on the contour where the hood is (small rectangle panel). So naturally, the dealer replaced the panel and all was good. Well the weekend after it was replaced was when I struck a deer and the whole quarter panel needed to be replaced again. Once fixed, I went to pick up my JK from the collision center and before I drove off, I noticed a dent in the same exact place as the first dent prior to hitting the deer. Before I drove off, I had the collision guy look at it and he was like me, WTF??

The collision center folks were nice enough to take the blame and have that dent fixed for me, (since it was a new panel and I have not even stepped into the JK yet). Now, after our Denver blizzard, I went out to play on numerous occasions (BTW, the 32 " BF tires work quite well for winter wheelin') but when I washed the crud off, I noticed the evil dent was back, in the same place!

Could this possibly be from some weird flex of the new JKs? Anyone else here notice the same freakish happenings or is just me (wait, I know I'm a freak ). But seriously, 3 dents in the exact same place. Something spooky about that. No, it's not happening in my garage, I have plenty of room there, and it's not some dork from parking lots, hence 3 times in the same exact place.

I will post a pict tomorrow of this, but again, driver's side front quarter panel on top contour by the hood and windshield, a small panel there (maybe 6" by 8") above and to the left of the trail rated emblem.

I'm starting to wonder if I should be looking for the freakin' mark of the beast somewhere on my JK.

Thanks for your time and any input here.

ddchili
Old 12-27-2006, 03:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Sounds like the outside rearview mirror from the door is causing the dent when the door swings free, but not sure of the exact spot without pics.
Here is a link that may help.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...highlight=dent
Old 12-27-2006, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

as Fonzie would say, "Exactamundo!"

I just checked and yep Robar, you get the genius of award, as I get the freakin Darwin award.

Thanks! The link you supplied is exactly waht happened. The rubber washer was knocked off when I had the windows tinted by the dealer. fat chance of getting them to fess up since it took 3 times for them to get the back window tinited right. Oh well, beauty marks eh?

L8trs
Old 12-27-2006, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ddchili
as Fonzie would say, "Exactamundo!"

I just checked and yep Robar, you get the genius of award, as I get the freakin Darwin award.

Thanks! The link you supplied is exactly waht happened. The rubber washer was knocked off when I had the windows tinted by the dealer. fat chance of getting them to fess up since it took 3 times for them to get the back window tinited right. Oh well, beauty marks eh?

L8trs
Beauty marks my A$$, They are only beauty marks if you get to put them on your self..........Gettem to fix it.

Quick Reply: Curse of The JK Rubi Dent