Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer pricing thread

Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know. I've given up on finding a '12 on the lot. I'm about to order a '13 in the next few weeks and didn't want get the code too early. One of those situations where I'm getting it through a friend's dad, and didn't want to have to bother him for another if they expired too soon.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:30 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Delux2769

Code I got expires Jan 1st of following year. My father in law just retired from Chrysler and has been giving away numbers. We just went through the process of giving my fiancé's roommate a number, then her parents had to file bankruptcy so she wasn't sure if she'd be buying this year and had the same question you did.
I have access to a friends and family code through a friend but was planning on signing up for Tread Lightly in case they ask for proof that I qualify for the discount. Do they not want proof that you work for the company that is eligible for the discount?

Also, I've got my sales paperwork from my 2011 JKU and dont see all these prices everyo e keeps talking about. I only have the MSRP, what paperwork has all these other prices??
Old 06-17-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Dealer pricing

So just found my paperwork MSRP is $40,780 invoice is 38,142 Dealer Hold Back is $1,196, affiliate pricing (FFP on sheet) is $37,761 and EP (Employee Price) $36,310.

Dealer HB is something they can play with if they want to move an on lot 2012, plus they can play with the almost pure profit doc fee.

The EP price is best on my vehicle is almost 4.5k off the jeep.

If anyone knows someone that works for Chrysler, and is willing to offer an employee price for friends or family to a medically retired USAF member it would be greatly appreciate.

Looking forward to my first Jeep Wrangler should be lots of fun.

Feel free to PM me if anyone is interested.

This has been a great thread glad it got started.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Also, I've got my sales paperwork from my 2011 JKU and dont see all these prices everyone keeps talking about. I only have the MSRP, what paperwork has all these other prices??[/QUOTE]

I saw two different sheets on mine one just had the MSRP, however the other one they printed out showed MSRP, Invoice than below that had the HB (Dealer Hold Back), FFP (Affiliate price) below this is EP (employee/friends/family price).

I don't know exactly how the friends and family code works as I don't know any that has family or friends that work for Chrysler or retired from the company.

If anyone does know someone that is willing to share please pm me. This EP price on my Jeep is 1.4k below affiliate pricing.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Halas
Yes but just join now so you can start the clock on the 30 day wait period.

The $60 membership lasts for 3 years.... And it should be a tax write off.
How are you using as a tax right off?
Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stephsh
Also, I've got my sales paperwork from my 2011 JKU and dont see all these prices everyo e keeps talking about. I only have the MSRP, what paperwork has all these other prices??
The Invoice that has these other figures is something the dealer gets that he/she would not show you UNLESS you had a code to show them that you are eligible for the program to begin with.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:22 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by little_cornball

How are you using as a tax right off?
It is a donation for a membership to a non profit.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RalphTomaccio

The Invoice that has these other figures is something the dealer gets that he/she would not show you UNLESS you had a code to show them that you are eligible for the program to begin with.
Every dealer I went to so far has pulled the same sheet out without hesitation.... Mspr, invoice, affiliate, and employee dead center on the old school DOS looking sheet.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Halas
Here is another that I saw online, Steve white motors - invoice minus half of the hold back - period.

They are in north Carolina and that is there standard pricing for internet sales.

So far I am ay 31985 on a 36595 jku sahara... I will tell you guys how it goes.

The only problem is getting it. I am in buffalo and it is in north carolina.
They never responded to my emails...
Old 06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Freak

Here is where I am at, I finally found the jeep I am buying this week.

It is a 2012 jku sahara loaded leather, nav, ...... The down fall is a couple thousand miles from being the owner of the dealership's demo.

The sticker price is from before the current prices jumped up for the 4th quarter at 37,825.
(if you price the same options out in 4th quarter pricing it would be at 38,770)

I have a conquest lease rebate which is a $1000 off and requested affiliate pricing.
They gave me the sheet which put the jeep at 35166, after the rebate 34166.

After a haggle I got them at 33,725.

5000 grand off.

Will post when the deal is done.

Quick Reply: Dealer pricing thread