Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dealer Rant

Old 04-16-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
Did you piss someone off down there ?
Not at first, but he and I certainly weren't friends when I left. He then told me that I could possible make arrangents to borrow my sales rep's car for the day.

He quit 2 months ago and no other sales person seem to give a crap about me since i just bought the jeep a few months ago. I'd be willing to bet if i only had a few months left on a lease they would all be bending over backward to help
Old 04-16-2008, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Viperdave
i dealer can not refuse to do warranty work...

also in terms of the loaner, chrysler will pay for it ONLY if your car is in for warranty work for more than 24 hours from appointment time
where did you find this?
Old 04-16-2008, 10:53 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by davebloomer
and our warranty covers a loaner im 99 percent sure.

This is incorrect. Now some manufactuers require thier dealers to provide loaner or rental cars under certain situations, but it's normally just up to the dealer. How do I know? I work at one of those " Lazy" dealerships.

Now, Bayonne, if they other dealer doesn't want to work on your Jeep because you didn't buy it there, they I would make sure to tell everyone not to buy from there because that is total BS. You never have to take it back to the dealer that you bought it from, but some dealers want to get into a pissing match when you didn't buy from them. I've never quite ubderstood that. If someone wants to buy parts from me, I'm not going to refuse, no matter where they bought the vehicle.

Last edited by BLKRUBI; 04-16-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Freak

I agree, loaners are up to the dealer and most dealer will only give you a loaner if you bought your car from them (sort of make sense). In some cases, as stated above, the dealer my ask Chrysler if they want to pick up the bill for a loaner or a rental. But getting a loaner is not a right.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:11 PM
jmc
JK Enthusiast

I hope i don't run into this problem after I move next month. I am moving across country and there is no way I am going back to the dealer I bought my jeep from.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Newbie

My JK has been in the shop 11 (yes, eleven) times in 13 months and it has been to 3 different dealerships. None of them refused to service it. You just got ahold of some jerk that was probably having a bad day. Chrysler told me no authorized dealership can refuse warranty service unless the customer goes in and makes an a** of themselves.

Quick Reply: Dealer Rant