Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

... Death Wobble

Old 01-30-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ... Death Wobble

Well, I got a couple hundred yards of Death Wobble this mornin. Headin out of my house, got up to about 45-50, and there's some ripples in the road. Other bad part of the road is it's a wide bend in the road.

Well, I was in the outside lane, started shaking violently in the beginning of the turn. Went straight across 3 lanes, GF freaking out. I'm giggling, 'cause of the adrenalin. Once I got the Jeep straightened out and back in my lane, I looked at her and said "Well, that's Death Wobble. Gonna be a long night for me."

Basically, I'm going to loosen all bolts, tighten them. Then check bushings.

I think it's my tires since I parked outside last night and it was cold and my pressure was low.
Old 01-30-2012, 07:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

have you recently changed anything? suspension components or tires/wheels. or been wheeling and may have bent something?
Old 01-30-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Junkie

Recently put on Tera-Flex 2.5" BB with shock adapters. It's the 2.5" coil spacers.

No wheeling done or spacers yet.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Delux2769
Recently put on Tera-Flex 2.5" BB with shock adapters. It's the 2.5" coil spacers.

No wheeling done or spacers yet.
if you didnt loosen the bolts in the steering components(ex tracbar) while putting in the lift and then tighten when finished the lift and full weight of the jeep was on them then you should do this. dont tighten everything until the jeep is standing by itself without a jack or anything holding the weight of the body
Old 01-30-2012, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by taylorthedude
if you didnt loosen the bolts in the steering components(ex tracbar) while putting in the lift and then tighten when finished the lift and full weight of the jeep was on them then you should do this. dont tighten everything until the jeep is standing by itself without a jack or anything holding the weight of the body
x2. Loosen the trackbar and control arms. shake the hell out of the jeep then tighten them back up to the required torq spec
Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remember the trac bar and lower control arms bolts need to be torqued down to 125 lbs. If you don't have a torque wrench go out and find one.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Awesome. Thanks for the instructions guys. I'll be sure and untighten everything and retighten. While the Jeep is on it's own standing.

Quick Reply: ... Death Wobble