Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

"Debadging" a Freedom Edition

Old 08-09-2018, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Debadging" a Freedom Edition

Hey all,

We are looking at a used JK. It is a red Freedom Edition. We want to tone it down a bit as otherwise its equipped like we want.

Can these be done without harming the paint or fabric?
Remove hood decal
Remove Oscar Mike badges
Remove side star decal
Remove star stitching on seat (this one worries me)

Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2018, 12:02 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

The one that would worry me is the stitching on the seats. I wouldn't mess with that part. If you hated it, maybe you could sell them for something and put in katzkins or something else.

The badges and decals will come off just fine. You may have to spend a little time cleaning off the residue. Seems like the factory decals are easier than aftermarket vinyls. I will admit, I've not had to remove something as large as those stars, but the side decals on the quarter panels came off easy on mine.
Old 08-09-2018, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

There's also always the seat cover option for the stars... Can just put something right over them!

I've been very happy with my Smittybilt covers so far, waterproof with MOLLE webbing on the back and a zippered pouch on the front. Not cheap, but very cool.

Quick Reply: "Debadging" a Freedom Edition