Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Detroit Auto show

Old 01-21-2007, 06:02 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Detroit Auto show

This friend of mine got to go to the Detroit Auto Show and posted tons of car shots but these caught my eye...

Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Whoa, those are some fancy displays! Thanks for sharing the pics
Old 01-22-2007, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

NBC had a 2 hour special on the Autoshow yesterday and when through giving each manufacturer 5 minutes worth of showcasing vehicles. I noticed when they were talking about the 2008 Wrangler unlimited, they scrolled engine sizes of 2.4l or 4.0l across the screen, but I didn't catch horsepower ratings.

I would think it would be hard for them to screw that up, but the numbers being what history passed into the deep blue, has me thinking they screwed up.

What are the chances that they would change the engines to the same displacments as the previous offerings? Very little as far as I am concerned.

It does make me wonder if they had anything published at the show as to if there are any changes in store for 2008.
Old 01-22-2007, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Speaking of the publicity the 07 Wrangler is getting, anyone catch Miami Ink last night? The owner of the shop got a black jeep wrangler unlimited as their shop car. It was pretty cool seeing them driving around Miami in it....
Old 01-22-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Cdash
NBC had a 2 hour special on the Autoshow yesterday and when through giving each manufacturer 5 minutes worth of showcasing vehicles. I noticed when they were talking about the 2008 Wrangler unlimited, they scrolled engine sizes of 2.4l or 4.0l across the screen, but I didn't catch horsepower ratings.

I would think it would be hard for them to screw that up, but the numbers being what history passed into the deep blue, has me thinking they screwed up.

What are the chances that they would change the engines to the same displacments as the previous offerings? Very little as far as I am concerned.

It does make me wonder if they had anything published at the show as to if there are any changes in store for 2008.

If I had to guess, I did not se the NBC coverage, but I would say that they were just showcasing the jeep engines that were on stands behind the rescue green wrangler at the show. A lot of people seemed to think that they were engines available in the wrangler, but instead they are simply the engines available in jeeps. Great show though.
Old 01-22-2007, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Is that the Mopar bumper on the front?

Not sure about the aux lights...guess that is an out of the way place for them, and given the size...
Old 01-22-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Cdash
I noticed when they were talking about the 2008 Wrangler unlimited
Yeah, I caught that too. I figured it was a mistake, especially since they made a few more throughout the show. It had me looking real carefully at that JK though... :-)

js.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's a video on how they did it... pretty crazy for a display that will only be there a few days:

Watch via YouTube
Old 01-22-2007, 02:51 PM
HEK
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mmccurdy
Here's a video on how they did it... pretty crazy for a display that will only be there a few days:

Watch via YouTube
wow, I figured it wasn't a stock JK, but think how many people would consider buying one by just that.......
Old 01-22-2007, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Dang!!! you mean I won't be able to park my Rubi on the side of the house?

Crap.....I need a driveway now

Quick Reply: Detroit Auto show