Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

did Fiat Axe our lifetime powertrain warranty?

Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did Fiat Axe our lifetime powertrain warranty?

I bought a Jeep in May of '09 and my buddy who bought a dodge ram about the same time told me that when Fiat took over Chrysler, they didn't take on responsibility for the warranty...

Is this true?
Old 07-02-2010, 02:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by aggie sig
I bought a Jeep in May of '09 and my buddy who bought a dodge ram about the same time told me that when Fiat took over Chrysler, they didn't take on responsibility for the warranty...

Is this true?

Not true at all.
Old 07-02-2010, 03:20 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First off....any one who buys a dodge truck is not your friend.... HaHa jk! They can't axe your warranty like that they would get shot at. Never mind the legal issues. They will however try like he'll to find an excuseto void it.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok good!

I figured I would have heard some little peep about it through the forum if they had done something like that...

Thanks for confirming
Old 07-02-2010, 05:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NH-JK
First off....any one who buys a dodge truck is not your friend.... HaHa jk! They can't axe your warranty like that they would get shot at. Never mind the legal issues. They will however try like he'll to find an excuseto void it.
Eh? You realize Dodge, Chrysler, and Jeep all sleep in the same bed right? It's still under the Mopar umbrella...

Anyway the lifetime warranty stopped with the 2010 models for the Wrangler. If you initially got a lifetime AND you are the original owner, it is still good.

Quick Reply: did Fiat Axe our lifetime powertrain warranty?