Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 12-05-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. Everyone misses a jeep now and then but almost every jeep owner that sees me wave waves back. Be the first one to wave. If everyone waits for the other jeep to wave then obviously nobody waves.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The wave always seem to be hit or miss. Some waves surprise you and some you expect. My wife has noticed receiving waves I missed for whatever reason, and I feel I let down the Jeep community just a little, because I know what it feels like to be unobserved.
Some (jealous) friends rib me about the wave, but the way I see it, it never hurts to spread some good cheer with a smile and/or a wave. It's NOT just a Jeep thing to try and share a good vibe.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have one guy I cross paths with in a red JKU every day on my way to work. I keep waving, half thinking it is him, but half thinking it is not.

I feel like an idiot every time I figure out it's him, but by that time I've already let the wave fly
Old 09-09-2014, 04:46 PM
JK Newbie

I'm also in NC and wave to everyone else when I see them... I look at it like a Karma thing... If I wave first, I won't be the one that needs to be pulled out of a jam.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:05 PM
JK Freak

I don't think the JK killed the wave, I think the older model drivers did. I get waves all the time from JK's whether they're decked out, muddy, or driven by soccer moms or the elderly. I rarely get a wave from TJ's and YJ's. The CJ's do but there aren't a lot of them still running around here. I feel like the older wrangler owners are either die-hard Jeepers who believe the last real wrangler ceased production in 2006 or they're teens who needed a cheap car quick and know nothing about the heritage. Hopefully we'll get some waves when the next gen wrangler comes out.

Well I guess one could say that the JK did kill the wave in a way, since the wave is no longer commonly shared between ALL jeeps. But in another sense, the JK started it's own wave. That's just the conclusion that I've come to here in Oklahoma.

Last edited by TreyJK; 09-09-2014 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The people are killing the wave. What's the next question? Do forks and spoon make people fat? Ugly wives drive up paper bag sales? Cheese & Rice people......
Old 09-10-2014, 03:41 AM
JK Freak

Surprisingly .. The more my jeep is modified the more waves I get. Go figure. Also the town I'm in is becoming quite jeep fanatical.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Robb3369
I'm also in NC and wave to everyone else when I see them... I look at it like a Karma thing... If I wave first, I won't be the one that needs to be pulled out of a jam.
Karma can be a bugger.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was mentioning this to another jeep driver, and he also said more mods get more waves. I hadn't received a wave in a week, and right after talking to him a nice young brunette lady in a JKU waved at me in an intersection. It still happens.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

A lot of folks start weighing the likelihood of a return wave based on distance from stock. A stock Liberty is a lot less likely to wave than a CJ on 44s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?