JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/did-jk-kill-jeep-wave-4579/)

Toysrubi 02-29-2008 04:11 AM

That's strange because I drive about 100 miles a day (Easton Pa to Philly and back) and some days I feel like all I'm doing is waving. I get 75% wave back at least and I'm all stock. '08 JK Rubi Unlimited Soft top and half doors. Not complaining though, I've had the jeep since Aug. and still having a blast !! :yup:

Keep Wavin' :standing wave:

boots 02-29-2008 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Toysrubi (Post 364179)
That's strange because I drive about 100 miles a day

(Easton Pa to Philly and back)
and some days I feel like all I'm doing is waving. I get 75% wave back at least and I'm all stock. '08 JK Rubi Unlimited Soft top and half doors. Not complaining though, I've had the jeep since Aug. and still having a blast !! :yup:

Keep Wavin' :standing wave:

Wow, Easton, pa. Iam just over the border in Phillipsburg, NJ. We have probably waved to each other a few times. Iam over in easton alot.......

Toysrubi 02-29-2008 05:38 AM

Yeah, we had to have waved at each other. It's nice to know there's another JK'er close by I'm a Red Rock Rubi and I'm the only Unlimited in the area I've seen with half doors. Still stock, but that will change in time. I have already convinced the wife she needs "steps" for the jeep That should get me the shrockworks sliders. The lift may be a challange she already complains about going to church in the jeep. (I guess it's a tough step up with a dress... Funny as hell to watch though.) :rotflmao1:

MD_Rubi 02-29-2008 02:35 PM

I was just thinking about this and I think it the area one is in. I just moved to Annapolis and have waived to all jeeps and I rarely get one back and when I say rarely I mean like I have gotten 10 since last sept. Before I lived in NOVA and I got every wave back.

ANTHONYLIMOMAN 02-29-2008 05:45 PM

i live near trenton nj and every jeep i see waves back.

Mike Gardner 03-01-2008 05:47 AM

hey MD_Rubi, i have noticed that as you get closer to dc,on the md side you get less and less waves. also the eastern shore, like salisbury or oc locals i don't get $hit for waves.

Turtle 03-01-2008 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by MD_Rubi (Post 365134)
I was just thinking about this and I think it the area one is in. I just moved to Annapolis and have waived to all jeeps and I rarely get one back and when I say rarely I mean like I have gotten 10 since last sept. Before I lived in NOVA and I got every wave back.

I was about to agree with you, since NOBODY in Ohio waves . . . until I read that you moved to Annapolis and nobody waves! I grew up in Annapolis, and EVERYBODY waves! I was just going to say that I've never been anywhere where people wave as much as Nap Town.

I've been living in Northwest Ohio for the last two years, and very few people waved when I had my lifted TJ, and even fewer people wave at the JK. I've found that in VA and MD, damned near everyone waves.

Of the ones that do wave, I find that more often than not, it's the TJ owners. YJ owners are pretty reliable, but CJ owners almost never wave. Maybe this will change once I install my lift on the JK, but it's like CJ owners don't respect the JK at all.

j&k'sjk 03-01-2008 09:03 AM

I wave at all Wranglers, lifted or not, new or old. I don't care. I never get a return wave from the soccer mom in the stock unlimited. I got my 1st initiated wave yesterday so I finally got to return one:):clap:

militiakrawler 03-02-2008 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08 (Post 361973)
I think Jeep should print up some sort of pamphlet that comes with every new jeep. That way everyone can learn about the wave and then there is no excuse for not waving..

Being a first time Jeep owner I must admit that I did not know about the Jeep Wave. But during the purchasing process my salesman(AJ at York, good guy) filled me in on the practice.

Jay Are 03-03-2008 05:11 AM

The Jeep wave has been slowly dieing long before the JK :sad2:

But I think it is time that we that have kids, Must impose the Jeep Laws to pass down the tradition and pride of Jeep ownership.

My son has to obey the Jeep Laws while in my JK:

Law #1. Wave to all Jeeps that we are passing or coming from the opposite direction!
Law #2. Must give a thumbs up to any Jeep that is lifted, Black (same color as mine) or has more mud than paint color!!
Law# 3. Must take his hat off, bow and wave to any Jeep that looks like it was "driven like it was stolen", as we all know that this Jeep has seen better days but refuses to die!!!

:yup::yup::yup: