JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/did-jk-kill-jeep-wave-4579/)

sixt7gt350 06-16-2008 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by tylerinflorida (Post 553309)
You will get many waves and even more looks as you roll into town after spending the afternoon at your favorite mud hole. People will watch you, smiling or waving only when you make eye contact, not wanting to be on your bad side. It's like a modern day outlaw riding into town. Fear strikes their heart. They feel quite vulnerable sitting next to you at a light, drinking their starbucks latte. They quickly pick up a cell phone or fiddle with the radio. They know your not like them.
On the other hand, anyone who has ever left the pavement, wants to be your friend, wants you to acknowledge them, because they know you have the balls to not only own a jeep, but use it.

Which begs the question that came to my mind for far too many of the JKs in the "for sale" section: Isn't advertising "Rubicon, never been off road" pretty much the same thing as "penis, never been in a woman" (?)

sixt7gt350 06-16-2008 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by ThirdCoastJeep (Post 544389)
Here on the lakeshore, I get waves about 9 out of 10 times. Out of about 20 waves today, 2-3 "no waves" were TJs.

I'll keep wavin' to the Jeep brotherhood. I kinda like it.:beer:

The wife and I are talking about where to go over shutdown.
I'm thinking Silver Lake. How are the trails and camping areas? (We really liked Hoffmaster back when she had an Expedition, but I'm thinking the Jeep needs some fun this time around.)

Jeephead 06-16-2008 06:57 PM

I do a lot of driving from the east to the central (north and south) part of the US and get a lot of waves daily from other Wrangler owners but, I also make sure to do my part to instigate it as well. One of the many reasons I bought a Jeep in first place was the natural camaraderie that Jeep owners have.

adgraybda 06-16-2008 07:04 PM

While driving cross-country for summer vacation from NM to CT i missed the best Jeep wave ever and ill never forgive myself:banghead:

About halfway through the trip, somewhere in the middle of the country, i heard honking, and by the time i realized It was a guy in a JK on the other side of the highway waving he was already passing and i missed it! :naw:

If it was anyone on the forum, u kick a$$ :thumbsup:

I now wave at Jeeps at the other side of the highway :yup: Havent got anyback yet but hopefully someday :blush:

Dynamo 06-17-2008 01:11 AM

Two days ago I got my first wave since I swapped my TJ for a JK. It was from a guy driving a nicely lifted and trail-ready CJ.

:wave:

Momma T 06-17-2008 02:50 AM

:thumbsup:Yesterday received 2 for 2 waves, even before I could get my hand up. I ride with top on and windows up, all highway home each day so the A/C is a necessity for me, but received 1 from a guy and 1 from a gal. Not often that two gals wave at each other, but glad to see it's catching on.:clap:

Semi888 06-17-2008 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by tylerinflorida (Post 553309)
It's like a modern day outlaw riding into town. Fear strikes their heart. They feel quite vulnerable sitting next to you at a light, drinking their starbucks latte. They quickly pick up a cell phone or fiddle with the radio. They know your not like them.

:rotflmao2::rotflmao2::rotflmao2: hilarious

Phatback 06-17-2008 09:45 AM

i always get waves!! i think its a southern jeep thing....haha always waving!

tkob1060 06-17-2008 02:51 PM

Ok here in Northern NJ I would say I only get wave backs about 30% of the time, pretty sad....in the last cpl weeks with the doors off I've gotten a wave/horn beep and "damn badass" from a guy in a easlry 80's lifted bronco, and a wave and head spin from a guy in lifted older ford pickup :thumbsup:

Even on my trip to Nashville and back 2500mi inclduing some driving around down there I would say only 50% of time I got wave back:dontknow2:

I wave all the time even at night haha

JKsJK 06-17-2008 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Phatback (Post 554297)
i always get waves!! i think its a southern jeep thing....haha always waving!

yeh, i'm sure that's it. i think i've seen your pic on another thread - i suspect even hummer owners wave at you