Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 03-14-2007, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have my Jeep yet, but I've always known about the Jeep wave. My dad used to have a Jeep and several of my friends have them as well. I look forward to getting my JK so I can join in the fun!

Currently, waving at another Sebring convertible owner, is just not the same.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I get, return, and initiate waves here all the time. I usually see at least 5 other Jeeps on the 1.2 mile trek into work. None have been a JK but almost all have waved. The coolest was my first one. I was at the bank drive-thru and an old flat-paint tan colored Scrambler game me the wave. I've been waving at all other Jepps ever since.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

I am glad that this discussion is here, because one of the things I was looking foward to was the wave (this is my first Jeep). I was highly dissapointed when I waved and people looked at my funnily. There are tons of them down here, and I hope that the wave will come back. I also think that if all of the dealers put a sticker on the showroom window of a hand waving (some sort of motion lines around it) it might help a little with the first time buyers that won't know otherwise.
A big to all from Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
JK Newbie

So far here in the Florida Panhandle; 90% while driving my CJ and 0% when driving the JK (when the wife lets me drive it). However, we're still suffering from Hurricane induced traffic problems here on the Gulf Coast so sometimes it's not feasable to initiate/return a wave. Additionally, to date, there are only a few Unlimited's in my area so hopefully it'll get better.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

It has gotten so bad that my wife even comments on the A-holes that don't wave back. I am gonna quit waving at these bastards... as I am sure you can see... it greatly irritates me. I'll quit commenting for now....

Makes me want to knock them off their high horse!

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 03-15-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
JK Junkie

2 days ago, it got up to 60 here in CT... so I took off the front panels of the Freedom Top, and did some cruising. Saw at least 5 Jeeps in town, and got a hearty wave from a VERY nice lifted and restored CJ... that's a nice feeling, getting the nod from an old-schooler.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:49 PM
JK Newbie

The "Jeep Wave" is alive and well in my part of the country...saw 5 Jeep Wranglers out on the road today and all five waved ...3 of them waved first

Last edited by Windwalker; 03-17-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:48 PM
JK Super Freak

I waved at probably 10 or more pre-JK Wranglers today, and got TWO returns. Of course I did notice most of the other drivers were women, or guys that looked like they didn't have a clue why I was waving.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes I want to follow up an unreturned wave with a wave of just one finger... Most of my waves are not returned from my fellow Jeep owners, but it seems everyone else in the rural south will return the wave. I wonder if they have p-nis envy.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:26 AM
JK Freak

we have several waves here in indiana sometimes i know the pain of not getting a return wave it kinda ruins your whole day

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?