Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?

Old 03-28-2008, 11:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a newbie to the whole Jeeper life style and wouldn't even know about the jeep wave if it wasn't for this great website. So don't give up on the JK just yet. With time comes knowledge and with knowledge comes understanding.

P.S. What's the proper procedure when there's a Jeep driving behind you?
Old 03-29-2008, 02:42 AM
JK Newbie

Stock:
Most of the time I get return waves if I initiate. Sometimes people just don't see you.

Rarely someone would initiate a wave.

Lifted with 35's:
I almost always get return waves. Sometimes people still just don't see you.
Many more other Jeepers initiate it.

I think that the fading Jeep wave is less of a JK thing though, and more of a sign of the times. Americans have a lot on their mind these days. Forclosures, War, lay-offs.. How often do you find yourself driving down the road thinking about all of the struggles your facing, let alone if there's another Jeep coming at you. I'm not saying it's right, I'm not saying it's me.. I'm just saying maybe it's part of the reason.

I wave over my shoulder, inside or out of my JK depending on the weather.
Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

After weeks of mud-covered driving, I decided yesterday to wash off what hadn't been removed by the recent monsoon. She looked like a mall crawler, still twinkling with the last remaining drops.
I was sitting at a stoplight and a couple in a white TJ rounded the corner toward me. A quick flash of a wave was quickly returned by an enthusiastic full wave from both of them.

Ahhhh... Jeep karma.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

i get waves returned from most wranglers no matter if the jeep is clean or dirty it may help that i am a vol. firefighter in town and a have a fd plate
Old 03-29-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Newbie

Sometimes they forget to wave. Too busy staring at the thing of beauty that is the JK
Old 03-30-2008, 03:59 AM
JK Freak

Ive been getting more return waves lately from all sorts of jeeps.
My favorite was a kid giving me the while hanging out the window of his lifted cherokee across three lanes of trafic.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GrassSeed JK
I'm a newbie to the whole Jeeper life style and wouldn't even know about the jeep wave if it wasn't for this great website. So don't give up on the JK just yet. With time comes knowledge and with knowledge comes understanding.

if there is a older jeep behind you find away. i roll my window down and hang my arm out.

today i was comming home from the beach when i saw a huge cj5. i hauled ass to catch up and then jumped behind him. i rode w/ him in the slow lane till he came to his exit. i flashed my lights and beeped my horn as i pulled away. he gave me the thumbs up and a beep. the cj guys are who i would expect a thumbs down from. if you show respect to that older jeep they'll know you're a jeeper. not just some shmuck driving a 4 door convertable suv.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cj2a11713
if there is a older jeep behind you find away. i roll my window down and hang my arm out.

today i was comming home from the beach when i saw a huge cj5. i hauled ass to catch up and then jumped behind him. i rode w/ him in the slow lane till he came to his exit. i flashed my lights and beeped my horn as i pulled away. he gave me the thumbs up and a beep. the cj guys are who i would expect a thumbs down from. if you show respect to that older jeep they'll know you're a jeeper. not just some shmuck driving a 4 door convertable suv.
What if they are just some shmuck driving an older Jeep?

Tron
Old 03-30-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

you have a point but they arn't the easyest to drive. no "bilng bling" keeps most jack a$$es out of them.
Old 03-30-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cj2a11713
you have a point but they arn't the easyest to drive. no "bilng bling" keeps most jack a$$es out of them.
Ya, I guess I could wave to the Jeep not the driver.

Quick Reply: Did the JK kill the "Jeep Wave"?