JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Discount Tire Direct==A++ (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/discount-tire-direct%3D%3D-224552/)

ucfjeep 03-23-2012 08:25 PM

Discount Tire Direct==A++

Just wanted to share my experience with DiscountTireDirect.com.

Ok so I decided it was time to purchase 35"s and new wheels. After shopping many different areas and comparing prices I ended up with Discounttiredirect.com I placed an order for 4 15" MB72 wheels and 4 Wrangler MT/R tires. Lets just say, I was very excited about the purchase price. After doing so, the next day I received an email from the company advising there was an issue with my order and to call them directly as this was the fastest way to resolve the problem. I was thinking oh great here we go.

I called the company the following day and spoke to a very helpful rep. He stated after looking at my order that I was 50th order for the particular set of wheels. He said the issue was they back ordered 45 sets of wheels. Meaning I was going to be the back order of the back order.........that stinks, I was thinking. Then he tells me the tires I ordered are also on back order.......dang, now I was bummed.

The rep then makes my favorite statement, "Let's see what I can do for you." He began comparing prices on 16" wheels and other tires that were in stock. He ended up giving me a fantastic deal on something that if I priced out, I would not have been able to afford at the moment. All I could say was wow! I was so excited.

About 5 days later.....the doorbell rings and I received my brand new 16" MB72 wheels and 35" Duratrac tires via UPS. To my surprise the wheels were mounted and balanced. This entire process I was under the assumption that I was going to have to take the wheels and tires to a shop to have them mounted and balanced. SO needless to say I was extremely happy to discover this. I should note, the wheels/tires were packaged very well. Cardboard and foam on each side of the wheel with packing ties and straps holding everything together. Not a scratch on anything.

All in all, discounttiredirect.com over sold their wheel and tire combo I purchased. They went overboard in order to make the difference for me. I wanted to say thank you for providing great customer service and I will def. be back again!

A+

-Alex

saravonshep 03-23-2012 08:35 PM

Thats great they were able to hook you up. Good job Discount Tire:thumbsup:

jkdozer-2012 03-24-2012 05:46 AM

I guess the first thing that came to mind as i read this skeptically did they come with the right TPMS installed too?

ucfjeep 03-24-2012 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by jkdozer-2012 (Post 2922320)
I guess the first thing that came to mind as i read this skeptically did they come with the right TPMS installed too?

Nope, I have a Superchips tuner. I don't want tpms sensors. I check my tires regularly.

doc5339 12-23-2012 12:21 AM

Email address for discount tire direct?

Anyone have an email address for Discount Tire Direct?

I am deployed overseas, it is very hard to call an 800 number from my location. I want to contact a rep so I can get a JK-Forum discount on on the 5 LT255 80 17 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s that I want to buy for my just-delivered 2013 JKUR.

Any help would be appreciated, PM me or email me: jake.stern@olivasolutions.com

Thanks in advance!

doc5339 12-23-2012 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by doc5339 (Post 3348337)

I am deployed overseas, it is very hard to call an 800 number from my location. I want to contact a rep so I can get a JK-Forum discount on on the 5 LT255 80 17 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s that I want to buy for my just-delivered 2013 JKUR.

Thanks in advance!

Does Discount Tire Direct have a screen name on JK-Forum.com maybe?

FlameRedJK 12-23-2012 03:14 AM

I really like Americas Tire Co (DT in Ca), but they lost my business this past week...
I was headed out on a long vacation and wanted to have my tires balanced and rotated before I got an alignment job...they are the ONLY TIRE SHOP in town that is not open Sunday...Sunday is the only day I have available to do such things, I can't give my business to someone who is not there for me on my one available day...alas I will go elsewhere for tires in the future.

Ps. I don't care what their reasoning is for being closed on Sundays, I really don't.

Run2Ga 12-23-2012 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by doc5339 (Post 3348351)
Does Discount Tire Direct have a screen name on JK-Forum.com maybe?

Screen name is Discount Tire. They have a few active threads always in the Sponsoring Vendors forum.

doc5339 12-23-2012 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by Run2Ga (Post 3348401)

Screen name is Discount Tire. They have a few active threads always in the Sponsoring Vendors forum.

Just shot them a PM. Thanks!

TxRdStr 12-23-2012 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by doc5339 (Post 3348337)

Thanks in advance!

Let them know Tire Crawler has this tire for 204$ and they will beat their price.