Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount Tire Direct==A++

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Tire Direct==A++

Just wanted to share my experience with DiscountTireDirect.com.

Ok so I decided it was time to purchase 35"s and new wheels. After shopping many different areas and comparing prices I ended up with Discounttiredirect.com I placed an order for 4 15" MB72 wheels and 4 Wrangler MT/R tires. Lets just say, I was very excited about the purchase price. After doing so, the next day I received an email from the company advising there was an issue with my order and to call them directly as this was the fastest way to resolve the problem. I was thinking oh great here we go.

I called the company the following day and spoke to a very helpful rep. He stated after looking at my order that I was 50th order for the particular set of wheels. He said the issue was they back ordered 45 sets of wheels. Meaning I was going to be the back order of the back order.........that stinks, I was thinking. Then he tells me the tires I ordered are also on back order.......dang, now I was bummed.

The rep then makes my favorite statement, "Let's see what I can do for you." He began comparing prices on 16" wheels and other tires that were in stock. He ended up giving me a fantastic deal on something that if I priced out, I would not have been able to afford at the moment. All I could say was wow! I was so excited.

About 5 days later.....the doorbell rings and I received my brand new 16" MB72 wheels and 35" Duratrac tires via UPS. To my surprise the wheels were mounted and balanced. This entire process I was under the assumption that I was going to have to take the wheels and tires to a shop to have them mounted and balanced. SO needless to say I was extremely happy to discover this. I should note, the wheels/tires were packaged very well. Cardboard and foam on each side of the wheel with packing ties and straps holding everything together. Not a scratch on anything.

All in all, discounttiredirect.com over sold their wheel and tire combo I purchased. They went overboard in order to make the difference for me. I wanted to say thank you for providing great customer service and I will def. be back again!

A+

-Alex
Old 03-23-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Thats great they were able to hook you up. Good job Discount Tire
Old 03-24-2012, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

I guess the first thing that came to mind as i read this skeptically did they come with the right TPMS installed too?
Old 03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkdozer-2012
I guess the first thing that came to mind as i read this skeptically did they come with the right TPMS installed too?
Nope, I have a Superchips tuner. I don't want tpms sensors. I check my tires regularly.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Question Email address for discount tire direct?

Anyone have an email address for Discount Tire Direct?

I am deployed overseas, it is very hard to call an 800 number from my location. I want to contact a rep so I can get a JK-Forum discount on on the 5 LT255 80 17 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s that I want to buy for my just-delivered 2013 JKUR.

Any help would be appreciated, PM me or email me: jake.stern@olivasolutions.com

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-23-2012, 01:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by doc5339

I am deployed overseas, it is very hard to call an 800 number from my location. I want to contact a rep so I can get a JK-Forum discount on on the 5 LT255 80 17 BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2s that I want to buy for my just-delivered 2013 JKUR.

Thanks in advance!
Does Discount Tire Direct have a screen name on JK-Forum.com maybe?
Old 12-23-2012, 03:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really like Americas Tire Co (DT in Ca), but they lost my business this past week...
I was headed out on a long vacation and wanted to have my tires balanced and rotated before I got an alignment job...they are the ONLY TIRE SHOP in town that is not open Sunday...Sunday is the only day I have available to do such things, I can't give my business to someone who is not there for me on my one available day...alas I will go elsewhere for tires in the future.

Ps. I don't care what their reasoning is for being closed on Sundays, I really don't.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Does Discount Tire Direct have a screen name on JK-Forum.com maybe?
Screen name is Discount Tire. They have a few active threads always in the Sponsoring Vendors forum.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:19 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Run2Ga

Screen name is Discount Tire. They have a few active threads always in the Sponsoring Vendors forum.
Just shot them a PM. Thanks!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks in advance!
Let them know Tire Crawler has this tire for 204$ and they will beat their price.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Direct==A++