Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Discount Tire Direct Warranty Question

Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Discount Tire Direct Warranty Question

I know the dtd tire replacement package sounds pretty awesome, but under the reasons for denial is "abnormal usage". Has anyone bought the tire replacements for their offroad tires, and then been able to replace them for things like sidewall tears due to rocks/sticks/logs/small children? Don't want to buy them and regret it, but it seems like a pretty solid purchase for some tires that will see a decent amount of offroad terrain throughout the year
Old 05-23-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

It all matters what the guy at the counter at discount tire co/ America's tire says its 100% up to him. I worked at discount tire co before and seen warranties on logs in a tire. Antler in a tire. One guy even went the wrong way on the spikes at a court house. So depends on the guy there. The warranty is great. I never buy tires with out it. You just never know.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jkuforu
It all matters what the guy at the counter at discount tire co/ America's tire says its 100% up to him. I worked at discount tire co before and seen warranties on logs in a tire. Antler in a tire. One guy even went the wrong way on the spikes at a court house. So depends on the guy there. The warranty is great. I never buy tires with out it. You just never know.
Well there's not a physical location near me, so I depend on their website; I was under the impression that if the tire gets damaged, you call them, and they send you a new one, and ask for some sort of proof of the old ones damage, is that right?

*edit* doh, with checking their website, I have to mail them the tire back? i think with some big rubbers, thats not going to happen!

Last edited by sneck; 05-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:52 AM
JK Freak

Totally worth the money...i difnt think I would ever need it but I bought it on all my duratracs and 3 weeks later I slipped off a rock offroad and blew out my sidewall...called that day told them what happened and had a new tire out to me in 2 days...really worth the money especially on 300 a piece tires
Old 05-23-2012, 08:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been a Discount Tire customer for over 20 years and have replace at least one tire on every vehicle I've owned in that period. Some were tires damaged by FOD on the roads, some by FOD off-road. I've never had any DT associate ask me if any were on-road or off-road. All they've ever done is tell me the tire can't be repaired and then replace it. DT is simply awesome!

Do it!
Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Newbie

I just had a stick go through my sidewall and they gave me new tire no questions asked. And I had 19k miles on them
Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

while I guess that sounds a lot better, thanks for the responses! how do you folks who deal with the website only deal with shipping them back the old tire? just find a ups store or something?
Old 05-24-2012, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

You dont need to ship the old tire thats one of the beautiful things about it...completly hassle free...the guy told me the only time theyll ask you to ship back the old tire is if they.see some sort of pattern with your replacement claims
Old 05-24-2012, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

They, not only replace my tire, but they gave me a loaner tire awhile i was waiting for my replacement tire. The loaner was a brand new dunlop mud tire.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 05-28-2012 at 06:54 PM. Reason: They, not only replace my tire, but they gave me a loaner tire awhile i was waiting for my replacement tire. The loaner was
Old 05-25-2012, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They do business the right way.

Quick Reply: Discount Tire Direct Warranty Question