Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Doesn't It Just PISS You Off?????

Old 02-21-2010, 06:14 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Doesn't It Just PISS You Off?????

When companies advertise things and even have it so you can add it to cart and order it but when you call to verify it's in stock they don't have it? AND they ain't gonna have it for several weeks or months? I got money to spend and nowhere to buy two things that were advertised in this fashion. PISSES me the HELL off. And for the record, the two things were the Rampage rear sports rack and the cool new Drake hood hold downs. DAMMIT ALL.
Old 02-22-2010, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Comes with the territory I guess, I've just gotten used to it being the norm...
Old 02-22-2010, 05:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate even more is when a time is promised and it exceeds that time. For instance I ordered my OR-Fab cage 2 weeks ago. They said about 2 1/2 weeks I'll have it, it's expected to ship today. Which sounds awesome, no complaints. Now if it boils down to ship next monday, I'll get pretty ticked.

However, had they told me 3 1/2 weeks, then that is what I would be expecting. Just has to do with the time promised, so hopefully I get it this week! lol
Old 02-22-2010, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Last year i had a competition coming up and needed some MILSPEC eye protection, tried to order this sweet pair 3 TIMES! each store said they had it, i bought it, then e-mailed me saying it would be 6-8 weeks.. unbelievable
Old 02-22-2010, 06:45 AM
Former Member

Yep, I hate it, and we do it all the time....

Some companies just do not deliver with product, I hate when they release a new product so it goes into our Catalog and Web then we can't get it for 6 months, drives me nuts.
Old 02-22-2010, 06:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same. Being a youngin' I know little about how things USED to be in the past. But I have heard stories! (ooo)

My grandfather owned a grocery store chain in his days. Talk about customer service! For example (if you dont mind the story) my Grandfather's grocery store used to get daily deliveries of fresh pies from a local bakery. This elderly lady used to come in very often looking for a "wild pear pie" even though the bakery never delivered them there. After a couple times of this happening my grandfather got ahold of a couple cans of wild pear pie filling, handed them to the bakery delivery guy and told him to bring him 2 Wild Pear Pies so he can satisfy a customer the next time she came in.

Sure enough he did!

Would customer service like that ever happen these days? Probably not.

I agree with ECHO on this one. If I order something and then they tell me they dont have it in stock when it said nothing on their website. I usually just cancel the order and tell them they lost a customer.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

...'just-in-time' inventory has it's flaws.
Old 02-22-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rripror
...'just-in-time' inventory has it's flaws.
yes it does, it requires time to build an accurate rate of sale
Old 02-22-2010, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
When companies advertise things and even have it so you can add it to cart and order it but when you call to verify it's in stock they don't have it? AND they ain't gonna have it for several weeks or months? I got money to spend and nowhere to buy two things that were advertised in this fashion. PISSES me the HELL off. And for the record, the two things were the Rampage rear sports rack and the cool new Drake hood hold downs. DAMMIT ALL.
Amen Bro... I just had this happen when ordering a pair of Smittybilt Windshield Light brackets from a forum sponsor.... . Sad thing is that I'd found the same item for the same price from a non-sponsor but decided to support the sponsors. Wish I'd known that it was backordered when I did order it though
Old 02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Hey Redneck! Sounds like you still have your JK.

Quick Reply: Doesn't It Just PISS You Off?????