Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Don't waste time or money on rough country!!!!

Old 12-16-2011, 04:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow big misunderstanding...need spacers in Houston

For some reason the ones that were shipped change the bolt pattern which explains the fitment problem. It seemed like just a communication error and hopefully Rough Country will refund my money so I can find some that will fit here in Houston tomorrow...any help I would greatly appreciate!!

So I'm somewhat new to the Jeep world. I recently bought my first JK in July and have installed a 2.5" teraflex coil lift. Well once it was installed I went ahead and ordered some Rough Country 1.5" spacers due to being strapped for cash form xmas shopping and them being the cheapest I could find. Well I go ahead and trade in my stock tires and bring home my brand new Kuhmo Road Ventures 315/70/17 on my stock wheels. Well I get ready to mount them up and low and behold the spacers are not the correct size!! They fit perfectly on the Jeep but do not fit the rims at all...not even close! They are about 1/2" from being where they need to, to fit the factory wheels openings! So now my Jeep is sitting on jack stands in my driveway until tomorrow when I can HOPEFULLY find some here in Houston. So now I've wasted my money and my time tonight putting them on and taking them off and also tomorrow looking for some new ones. So believe don't waste your time or money on Rough Country spacers!

Last edited by DEMNJK11; 12-16-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yep double check your order slip and post up what you have
Old 12-16-2011, 05:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, this is not RC's issue - they are the incorrect adapters.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Product : Quantity : Price
07-11 Jeep JK Wrangler 1.5 Wheel Spacers/Adapters (5 x 5 Bolt Pattern) [1100] : 2 : 59.95

Subtotal : 119.90
Shipping : 17.95
TOTAL : 137.85

copied and pasted straight off the receipt lol
Old 12-16-2011, 05:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Please don't hate on RC. TONS of people on here use their products and love them without ever having any sort of issue. Obviously, something is amiss unfortunately, but I'm not convinced RC did anything wrong.

I've run 3 of their lifts, I run their spacers, steering stabilizer and quick disconnects - all working perfectly.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

ok so it was a misunderstanding and I retract my statements of hate towards RC...I was definately pissed at the time lol and hopefully I can get the money refunded so I can find some tomorrow here in Houston. If anyone has a lead to some spacers that will work with my stock wheels I would be forever grateful. I just need to get my ride off these stands lol.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bet if you called them they ship new ones with no issue, but that dilemma comes onto waiting on new ones to arrive and sending the wrong ones back. They have awesome custom service, if your jeep isn't your dd, I'd call and wait.

Last edited by joevan29; 12-16-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

you can run the tires with out the spacers. You would just have to watch it a full turn no?? RC is a good company, things happen. That being said the also have one of the best customer service departments I have ever worked with. If the mix up was there fault I'm sure they would send you a set to get here Monday.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DownhomeMoto
you can run the tires with out the spacers. You would just have to watch it a full turn no?? RC is a good company, things happen. That being said the also have one of the best customer service departments I have ever worked with. If the mix up was there fault I'm sure they would send you a set to get here Monday.
Hell if I could just put the tires on and get it off the stands I would be happy but I don't want to bend anything or have to worry about my tire you know what I mean lol I probably wouldnt even drive it til I could get the new spacers!
Old 12-16-2011, 06:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

4 wheel parts should stock either RC or spidertrax spacers.

Quick Reply: Don't waste time or money on rough country!!!!