Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Doors off freeway

Old 09-04-2007, 08:11 PM
VAL
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bring on the wind...

Just try the freeway and enjoy it....I can't wait to have the time to take the top and doors off!!!! You can also buy half doors or after market frame type doors...
Old 09-05-2007, 04:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

have the time??? it doesnt take that long! Best thing to do is leave the hinge caps, nuts, whatever you want to call them, off so all u have to is unplug the wire harness and take the strap off and pick your door up
Old 09-05-2007, 04:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

+1. The underside torx nuts on the hinges are to protect against theft, not accidental dislodging of the door.

I'm gonna leave mine off until the hard top goes on, then I'll put them back on just so I can keep track of them.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been so nice here for the last week the top and doors haven't left the garage, so far nothing has left the Jeep. Plus I came up with what I think is a pretty good hard top storage solution, I put it on the garage floor next to the Jeep and parked the wife's minivan outside.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rams-fan
i was wondering about the no mirrors being legal in MO too. Has anyone seen any temporary mirrors that fit in the door hinge when the doors are off? I'm not sure i want to mount brackets on the a-post and i rarely take my doors off anyway.
They do sell them in almost every catalogue I get. Also there have been some cheap DIY rigs posted here including the ones I did but they are not hinge mounts.
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doctorrich
I just be extra-careful since I don't have the mirror brackets placed yet (read= no side mirrors).

Just keep the windshield up. Keeps bugs out of your teeth.
Old 09-05-2007, 06:49 PM
HEK
JK Freak

so this past weekend I decided to take the doors off....drove it around town and kept forgetting hat I can't lean on them , therefore my knee kept going into traffic and so was my left arn as I was looking for a place to rest it....I can't imagine going on the freeway ...I would have to be awake when I drive....
Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pezeveng319
Hey this is my first wrangler and i'm loving it! I've taken the doors and the top off already and was wondering how safe is it to drive on the freeway like that? Driving around on the streets is ok but i donno how windy and crazy it'll get on the freeway.
Good lord... Who cares?! You only live once... You ever ridden a motorcycle? I do 70mph to work and to school on I-95 and can't get enough of it!!! Live the life baby! Become one with the Jeep.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:39 PM
-

Originally Posted by bOLsAK=3
Become one with the Jeep.
One with the jeep you must.
Old 09-05-2007, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

highway with no doors is awsome! I took some co-workers of mine to lunch today and they did NOT like the no doors thing at all...

Quick Reply: Doors off freeway