Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Drivers Seat Discomfort

Old 01-15-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Seat Discomfort

Has anyone else experienced a discomfort on the right side of their right leg in the drivers seat of a 2013 or 2014 JK? I am average size and this is the only vehicle that I have owned that is uncomfortable. Does anyone have any recommendations on what I could do?
Old 01-15-2014, 01:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I tend to have that problem too where its get sore under my right rear thigh in my 09
im a small guy too only like 130lbs. Only thing ive found to slightly help is too keep changing the seat height adjuster whenever it happens
Old 01-15-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New seats?

A suspension seat is MUCH more comfy than a spring seat.... might want to go down to your local offroad shop and sit in a few to see.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Crazy thought

I will throw out something really crazy. My dad had leg problems like this. One day I was driving behind him and saw him leaning on the center console. His body looked contorted from behind. I told him to build up the center height so he was sitting nice and straight when leaning.

I have done the same thing since. Got my JK and had one of those thick cushions added to the center armrest within the week. Think Rugged Ridge makes one and Quadratec? Been awhile since I ordered. Will say the neoprene one sucks. The cushion takes a beating from your arm. I finally went with the vinyl/plastic version. Looks nice and tough as nails.

Am sure I am wrong, but may try a towel for a week. Might be putting downward pressure on that right side?
Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you drive with your wallet in your right back pocket? If so the firmer seats in the JK in conjunction with the wallet will put pressure on your sciatic nerve which can cause the pain you are experiencing.

Quick Reply: Drivers Seat Discomfort