Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

driving laws in KY

Old 02-03-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, maybe I can write the Queen and get things changed in Canada. :P
Old 02-03-2008, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Sure thing. Get California to agree to something first though.

Oh great, let's just put an end to all this right from the beginning.
Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ClimberPB1983
Hey I was wondering if any Kentuckians out there know the laws about driving jeeps on the interstate without doors. I have seen people ride around Louisville without the doors or top...but wondered if anyone knew the LAW?????

If not would anyone know where I can look it up? I have been doing some google searches and come up empy handed.
Alright, a fellow Louisvillian! Where do you wheel around here? Are you in a club?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hig4s
It has something to do with State's rights and the constitution.
I think the Civil War pretty much put the cabash to state's rights.

In reality, the federal government can make laws and do pretty much anything it wants regardless of what the people in a particular state want.

Just look at the DEA busting those poor hurting sick people in California who use state approved medical marihuanna.

Sorry, I'm off topic and didn't want to hijack this thread
Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this site http://mvl.kytc.ky.gov/
Old 02-04-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja
Sure thing. Get California to agree to something first though.
Hmm, aren't they known for making the most restrictive laws?
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by berg
I think the Civil War pretty much put the cabash to state's rights.

In reality, the federal government can make laws and do pretty much anything it wants regardless of what the people in a particular state want.

Just look at the DEA busting those poor hurting sick people in California who use state approved medical marihuanna.

Sorry, I'm off topic and didn't want to hijack this thread

Absolutely not true.. Remember the Federal 55 mph speed limit, it was never a law because it can't be.. It was a recommendation, that if a state didn't follow the feds withheld federal funding for highways.. And not every state did it. At least one said stick you money and kept their own laws in place, I believe is was Nevada.

That is how many federal laws are. Texas ignores federal sugestions all the time.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hig4s
Absolutely not true.. Remember the Federal 55 mph speed limit, it was never a law because it can't be.. It was a recommendation, that if a state didn't follow the feds withheld federal funding for highways.. And not every state did it. At least one said stick you money and kept their own laws in place, I believe is was Nevada.

That is how many federal laws are. Texas ignores federal sugestions all the time.
Well, I don't recall seeing anything about California officals or California law enforsement doing anything to stop federal DEA agents from arresting California citizens for doing what has been deemed legal by the state of California.

Don't kid yourself. If the federal government decided to mandate a 55mph national speed limit in the interest of national security or welfare or whatever and empower a federal agency to enforce the laws, you can be sure the DSE (Department of Speed Enforcement) or whatever they will call it will out patrolling the highways.

They only do things as suggestions and with hold funds to get the state to do their work for them.

Quick Reply: driving laws in KY