Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dual Tops, What is needed to sell the Soft top Portion

Old 06-24-2009, 06:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual Tops, What is needed to sell the Soft top Portion

I am just about to buy an 08 Rubi that comes with a Hard Top only, but a soft top is needed obviously. My wife has a coworker who bought a JK a few months back with Dual Tops, but hasnt used the soft top part and wants to sell it cheap. She said everything is in the box still, but she thinks the metal bars for the soft top were pre-installed, so there already on the jeep with the hard top? Is this correct, that the 3 frames (2 in the rear, 1 in the front for the 4drs) come pre-installed? Is it possible to take these out without having to take off the hard top?

Also, just to make sure I get all the parts i need, can someone tell me what all should be included with getting the soft top? Obviously the top (thats connected to the header), the windows (all 3), the door surrounds, and the 3 Frame bars? Is that it?

Thanks
Old 06-24-2009, 06:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The soft top is already installed with the dual top option. On a 4dr, there are two boxes of accessories that go with the top. When the top is removed, the bracket that mounts to the rollbar must be unbolted from the rollbar and included with the top. If they just unbolted the bows and left the bracket on the rollbar, you'll need to find the brackets somewhere, or get them to give them to you.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You need the frame bows, top and windows, the attachment points that are screwed to the roll cage (that the bows attach to), the door surrounds, tailgate bar, and the plastic clips the bar attaches to that snaps onto the back of the Jeep. The windows are in a box, the clips and surrounds are in a box, the top and tailgate bar is rolled up in the back. You will have to remove the attachment points from the roll bar.

They should have removed the top when they first brought the vehicle home. They are only shipped under the hard top for ease of transportation from the factory. The manual states that friction from driving will damage it if left in that position and there are huge orange signs that tell you to remove it on the outside of the temporary wrap is it in. It would surely take some time for that to happen but I would check the top when you open it up.

You will have to remove the hard top to get the soft top out. There is no other option.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Freak

I guess I need to learn how to remove a hard top before I pick up the soft top... Thanks guys, i hope the top is still in good shape, apperently its been sitting back there for a few months (its off an 09 JK)
Old 06-24-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

OK, so new question... If the Rubi i am buying the soft top of out of, didnt come with tinted Hard Top, does that automatically mean the soft top is not tinted as well?
Old 06-24-2009, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by REL1203
OK, so new question... If the Rubi i am buying the soft top of out of, didnt come with tinted Hard Top, does that automatically mean the soft top is not tinted as well?
That is correct! You can always buy new windows if that really bugs you.

Quick Reply: Dual Tops, What is needed to sell the Soft top Portion