Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dynatrac :(

Old 08-08-2012, 08:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dynatrac -(

i just called to talk with Scott at dynatrac and I got scolded for my post about their faulty product! I have not been able to drive my Jeep now for over a week. I have paid for 3 yokes...And somehow its my fault for posting my frustrations...Definitely not trolling for a discount...
He said we are not done yet! Lets see what happens and I will be happy to post some good news...

Last edited by HLKSTER; 08-08-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully they make it right by you! Thanks for posting up about this whole thing, always good to know what's going on in the vendor community.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

Knowing that they "scolded you" probably did more damage to their reputation than anything you posted prior. None of us deserve that kind of treatment.

Having worked in customer service for many years you first get all your stock checked before sending out the replacment in this type of situation because a machining defect will tend to be present on the entire lot.
Old 08-08-2012, 03:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HLKSTER
i just called to talk with Scott at dynatrac and I got scolded for my post about their faulty product! I have not been able to drive my Jeep now for over a week. I have paid for 3 yokes...And somehow its my fault for posting my frustrations...Definitely not trolling for a discount...
He said we are not done yet! Lets see what happens and I will be happy to post some good news...
Really? To me, if the product is bad, it's bad! don't care if they're Ferrari or whatnot. I pay good money and i will get my monies worth.
Also, you HAD to pay for your replacement yoke from Dynatrac? WHY? Didn't the dude say that it was bad from manufacturing from earlier post?
Old 08-08-2012, 03:09 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like a crap situation. Can't believe you had to pay for the replacement part
Old 08-08-2012, 04:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Just to clarify, he paid for the replacement and will receive credit when the bad item is returned. We're paying freight both ways. We want the parts back for diagnosis. Charging (and crediting) for the replacement is a sure way to get back a bad part.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

I too understand the OP's frustration but I also know that you don't always get all the info from both sides in a case like this and I can see Dynatrac's point about how they will credit to make sure they get their parts back. The way I see it is we should not judge either here buy merely take in the info to make our own quite decisions. Dynatrac was quick to respond that's says they care and yes he had to buy them but he will be reimbursed. Yes he was out a week of driving his JK which can be very annoying! But in the end it will be made right and he will have his jeep back. I just hate to see everyone picking sides on here, I've been in customer service and sometimes the customer expects too much, but that is only my opinion. I'm glad to see he will be reimbursed but sad to see he had to pay upfront for his yokes, but I know most peeps would have kept the others as backups after they had them fixed instead of sending back so I do see dynatracs point. This of course is only my opinions and not looking to start another fight.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
Just to clarify, he paid for the replacement and will receive credit when the bad item is returned. We're paying freight both ways. We want the parts back for diagnosis. Charging (and crediting) for the replacement is a sure way to get back a bad part.
Ooooooooo makes sense

Quick Reply: Dynatrac :(