Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Everyday JK?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyday JK?

I have owned and wheeled many XJ's and 3 Grands (one ZJ and two WJ's) all wih around 4 inches of lift and 31-34 inch tires. Loved them and had a blast but always found myself wanting a jk, and was all set to buy a brand new one about a year and a half ago and didn't due to a test drive of all things. Ended up with a civic si thats sits in the garage all winter and I drive a beater...no fun at all really. Been craving the jeep again and feel like I could probably get use to it after awhile but I find them so cramped inside and I think it's because I'm use to the grand cherokee's and what have you but I don't know if I could drive it everyday and be happy with it. 3 inch lift and 35's will be my goal with lots of protection under it. so it's not going to be an extrem build but it will get the job done with ease considering my xj with 31's would struggle on some obstacles that a stock jk would pretty much walk over. How do you guys feel about driving your modified jeeps everyday? I would love to be able to have a jk and keep my si but it's just not in the cards and I want to go wheeling again lol
Old 02-06-2015, 10:35 AM
JK Super Freak

JK is my only vehicle here in Central BC. With the snow at this time of year I am really glad I have it. It has a 2.5" lift and 33's. Biggest issue that everyone seems to have regarding having a front lunchbox locker in the winter isn't really an issue at all. Summer I run the soft top and the roof is off as much as possible. I use it to pull my boat in and out of the lake, drag my docks around, offroad with the local club, and get to work during the week. I run my kids around to all their activities etc.

I can't think of a better daily driver, but maybe I am crazy.
Old 02-06-2015, 10:53 AM
Former Member

3" lift and 35s drive 100 miles round trip every day still in love with it
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1734831547.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	595554  
Old 02-06-2015, 10:58 AM
DJ1
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the JK. Especially the 2 doors but I still have love for my 4 door brothers out there.

Can do everything and look good doing it. Rain, snow, mud, or sunshine. It is the jack-of-all-trades vehicle. Throw in a supercharger on top of the 3.6 and it's a bonified done deal on the cheap or find a 2011 and swap for a hemi/LS. I don't have the $$ but the pentastar is doing just fine for me. Leaves the 2011 and the old 92 YJ I used to drive in the dust.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0248.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	595567   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0270A.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	595568   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0103.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	595569   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0829B.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	595570   Click image for larger version

Name:	GOPR0334.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	595571  

Last edited by DJ1; 02-06-2015 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

DD, 3.5" lift on 35" muds. No worries and drives like a champ.
Old 02-06-2015, 11:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daily Driver for the last 8 years....commutes the wife & kids to school, work, & sports activities and long family trips! As well, when I get a chance I go wheeling with the local clubs!

Love our JKU as a Daily Driver and wouldn't change it any other way! 3.25" of lift, 35" STT's mud tires! Jeep is amazing in snow, mud, rocks with plenty of flex...and the ride on pavement for those mall crawling days with top down and doors off in the summer are sweet!

Old 02-07-2015, 01:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thank you everyone for the comments, kinda had a deciding factor yesterday after work lol. Here in Nova Scotia we have been getting snow like crazy. Roughly 3 1/2 feet this week on top of what we already have and I live on a busy road so I can't back in my driveway so I try to turn around in my driveway which has been working fine lately but for some reason I couldn't help my self and threw the ol focus in reverse and dumped the clutch hoping for a quick spin around....not the case. Basically wedge it between the snow banks in the driveway. Funny for a sec I guess then I looked at my wife's awd rouge and was like I'll just tug it back with that. In the garage I go and grab my snatch strap and a d ring and low and behold nothing on the rouge to attach to that looked like it would hold lol and just as I was about to grab a lighter and have a little fire my buddy pulls in with his lifted jk and proceeds to drive around my stuck car through 3 feet of snow we hook up and he basically idles the car out. What's worse is he looks at me smiles and says the jeep dealer is that way. Lol. How am i suppose to make a decision with friends showing off all the time. haha
Old 02-07-2015, 02:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by valleyguy
Thank you everyone for the comments, kinda had a deciding factor yesterday after work lol. Here in Nova Scotia we have been getting snow like crazy. Roughly 3 1/2 feet this week on top of what we already have and I live on a busy road so I can't back in my driveway so I try to turn around in my driveway which has been working fine lately but for some reason I couldn't help my self and threw the ol focus in reverse and dumped the clutch hoping for a quick spin around....not the case. Basically wedge it between the snow banks in the driveway. Funny for a sec I guess then I looked at my wife's awd rouge and was like I'll just tug it back with that. In the garage I go and grab my snatch strap and a d ring and low and behold nothing on the rouge to attach to that looked like it would hold lol and just as I was about to grab a lighter and have a little fire my buddy pulls in with his lifted jk and proceeds to drive around my stuck car through 3 feet of snow we hook up and he basically idles the car out. What's worse is he looks at me smiles and says the jeep dealer is that way. Lol. How am i suppose to make a decision with friends showing off all the time. haha
Well there you go. What else do you need to know?
Old 02-07-2015, 04:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ended up with a civic si thats sits in the garage all winter and I drive a beater...no fun at all really. Been craving the jeep again and feel like I could probably get use to it after awhile but I find them so cramped inside
Go for another test drive. Now that you've had a Civic, the JK should feel like you have plenty of room to stretch out.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:05 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by valleyguy
..... What's worse is he looks at me smiles and says the jeep dealer is that way. Lol. How am i suppose to make a decision with friends showing off all the time. haha
Well, It's a Jeep thing you DO understand...

My Jeep is my DD.
Every now and then, I get the chance to drive some pretty nice cars, like BMW, Aston Martin, Lamborghini or Ferrari.
It's fun, but when I'm back in the Jeep, that's when I really feel at home. None of the nice cars I've driven, or had, hooked me like a Jeep does.

Quick Reply: Everyday JK?