Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

factory fog lights or something similar for less

Old 04-07-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default factory fog lights or something similar for less

I recently had a very minor accident with my 08 X unlimited. The accident was my fault and my insurance paid for the other person's repair. It did leave a small gash in my front plastic bumper. I have a $500 deductible so I didn't put the claim in for a new bumper. A kind soul (4weelin) gave me his old stock rubi bumper. Anyway, I'd like to get some factory fog lights to fill in the holes in the new bumper.

The factory fog lights are pretty pricey from the dealership. So I'm wondering if you know of any other fog lights that are fairly cheap that can quickly and easily fill in the rubi fog light holes.

I even checked with the local dealership to see if mopar makes any covers for the holes but they said they are only available overseas. I don't have to have lights in there as long as it fills in the empty slots for the lights.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't exactly call them cheap... but from what I understand they are "plug and play" on the JK's...

Delta Fogs (*clicky*)
Old 04-09-2008, 03:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found something that will work really well. Menards carries these things called 4" wing nut plugs which can be found in the plumbing area. It's amazing how perfectly they fill the fog light holes and are extremely strong. I had to do just some minor trimming in the back with my dremel but they fit perfectly otherwise. Best of all they only cost $3.93 each. Oh and the front is just a thick black smooth plastic so it kinda looks like it came from the factory this way.

Lucky for me, as soon as I got home and got the things dremeled, I happened to be taking a break. So I was on this site and noticed a forum member was offering to sell me his stock fog lights really cheap. So I'm going to get the fog lights but if they ever break in the future I'll have these plugs as backups. Just thought I'd let you all know in case anyone else is looking for a way to plug the fog light holes.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:21 PM
JK Newbie

Can you post a pic of these plugs by themselves or installed? I'm also looking for an option and wanted to see how these looked.
Old 04-14-2008, 08:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vs_jk
I recently had a very minor accident with my 08 X unlimited. The accident was my fault and my insurance paid for the other person's repair. It did leave a small gash in my front plastic bumper. I have a $500 deductible so I didn't put the claim in for a new bumper. A kind soul (4weelin) gave me his old stock rubi bumper. Anyway, I'd like to get some factory fog lights to fill in the holes in the new bumper.

The factory fog lights are pretty pricey from the dealership. So I'm wondering if you know of any other fog lights that are fairly cheap that can quickly and easily fill in the rubi fog light holes.

I even checked with the local dealership to see if mopar makes any covers for the holes but they said they are only available overseas. I don't have to have lights in there as long as it fills in the empty slots for the lights.
Check our for sale forum, guys have them for sale constantly for around $100.00 apair plus shipping. I see these lamps posted all the time
Old 04-15-2008, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll take some pics when I get home tonight and post them. When other Jeepers have seen the covers I put in, they comment on how factory they look. Best of all it's extremely inexpensive, easy, and strong.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 04-15-2008, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know, I should have straightened it out, but I was in a hurry. It's not hard to fix it since the plugs can actually rotate if loosened (they tighten up with a thumb screw).

Last edited by vs_jk; 04-15-2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vs_jk

AIN'T THEM HOLES FOR THE DUAL EXHAUST OPTION?
Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

: yup:

Quick Reply: factory fog lights or something similar for less