Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Finally got a wave

Old 02-26-2011, 12:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got a wave

I've had my JK for over a year now. I think I counted 3 waves and they were when I'd just gotten my Jeep. After never getting a wave (and actually getting the finger once) I just gave up on it. I just moved into a new neighbourhood and there are a handful of Jeeps around my block. I've noticed a silver TJ cruising around and when we drove by each other today he initiated the wave. Yes! Finally! I'm home!
Old 02-26-2011, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Congrats. I was out today and it seemed every other one waved back.
Old 02-26-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kalamari
I've had my JK for over a year now. I think I counted 3 waves and they were when I'd just gotten my Jeep. After never getting a wave (and actually getting the finger once) I just gave up on it. I just moved into a new neighbourhood and there are a handful of Jeeps around my block. I've noticed a silver TJ cruising around and when we drove by each other today he initiated the wave. Yes! Finally! I'm home!
Got my first wave last week too. Had this JK since Nov. Other Jeep was Rescue Green just like mine. Maybe he felt obligated b/c Jeep of the same color. Nice though.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

I'm glad the wave's still alive. I finally fulfilled my dream of having a Wrangler and I was so disappointed that the wave was dead. I don't know about "well", but it's definitely alive! I'm gonna do my part to keep it that way.
Old 02-27-2011, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

my wife thinks its funny that most jeeps we pass will wave while we are in ours, I told her its jeeps , motorcycles and boats owners no one else is friendly
Old 02-27-2011, 07:40 PM
him
JK Enthusiast

In the category of, "hope this is just coincidence, suspect it isn't"...

I have received/participated in more waves over the past two and a half days than the previous two and a half months (since buying the JKU really)...

Guess when I installed a snorkel! Yup...first drive after installation was, say it with me: Two and a half days ago!

So... if you aren't getting waved at maybe you need to gratuitously screw with the appearance of your jeep. Just make sure it's something of really marginal value; my stubby bumper/winch combo did bupkis for my wave stats.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence.......

(And yeah, snorkel = good, I like my prefilter so far, not knocking anything...)
Old 02-27-2011, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

I rarely got a wave back. lolz
Old 02-27-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm.. this is odd. Down south, EVERY Jeep owner waves (well... minus most women) and I always get waves. Had my Jeep almost 2 years now.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haven't had a wave yet...
then again...very few jeeps here in ireland...

do you guys count patriot/cherokee/liberty/compass...
me neither...

Quick Reply: Finally got a wave