Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

FIRST Jeep wave!!!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:58 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default FIRST Jeep wave!!!

No, not for me. My disability is such that sometimes I geet spells where I have to let someone take over driving. Kinda sucks if I'm by myself cause I have to pull over for a while. Anyway, after church today and sitting in the choir loft gettin hot as hell, I was felelin really rough so I let my wife drive home. We passed a red TJ topless and doorless and she got a great big Jeep wave and gave one back. She was pretty excited.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is the first of many, hopefully. Great to hear even the spouse is getting in on the action.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

My wife took the jeep to run some erands the other day. The jeep was topless and doorless. When she got home she asked if all jeep people wave because every jeep she passed waved at her. My respone was if they are jeep people than yes they wave. Then I asked if she waved back.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redroc_jk
My wife took the jeep to run some erands the other day. The jeep was topless and doorless. When she got home she asked if all jeep people wave because every jeep she passed waved at her. My respone was if they are jeep people than yes they wave. Then I asked if she waved back.
Well... Did she wave back?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

i've been getting the big goose egg on return waves for the last month or so... until today - awesome weather, driving around w/ the doors and soft windows off, passed 5 or 6 Jeeps in a row (several of them JKs) who all enthusiastically waved back... it may have helped that I wasn't in Fayetteville (college town, lot of frat douches or sorority chicks who are too cool to wave) but was up the road a few miles in a different town...

oh yeah, and I love having the doors off 'cause I get to use the arm-straight-out-and-angled-slightly-down motorcycle wave...
Old 06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am still working on getting her to wave back..
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by toad
I do that too.

Me too!
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

hi all, just got my JK last week, had a CJ for 22years. Always got the Jeep wave back then and really missed the sense of friendship that you don't get from other "car" people. It seems to me that pretty much only jeepers & bikers wave at each other consistantly and if the Jeeper is a biker (yes I am) the wave is usually the arm out & down wave. Ride safe and keep waving!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I took my wife's car in to get a warranty repair the other day, so she had my Jeep for her ride back and forth to work. When she got home, she said 4 different people waved at her. I've never gotten that much attention. I guess girls just naturally draw more attention.

Quick Reply: FIRST Jeep wave!!!