Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

First Oil change and first dealer story

Old 07-30-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to say it mine wasn't much better.
Here goes...

After about an hour and half in the waiting room I walked into the service bay to see why my 1st oil change was taking so damn long...

There 4 service guys standing around the drivers side of my Jeep and I'm more than a little suprised to see the drivers seat laying on the garage floor.

"What the hell!!!" Is my knee jerk reaction. They kind of block me from looking inside but I HAVE TO SEE what in the bloody hell is going on in my new Jeep.

Push through and see about 3 inches of what looks like standing water on the drivers floor, the webbing stop is off the door and door is resting against the fender, theres an XL sized fat palm print on the headrest and the seat is laying on it's side on the dirty concrete floor. Oh, and the passeger side speaker on the overhead bar is hanging down by it's wires.

Needless to say the "Gold Team" didn't get a gold star that day! Keep in mind, this is JUST AN OIL CHANGE!!!

Some ASE certified retard couldn't figure out why the rear window washer wasn't working so he sat there holding the spray button on for 5 minutes while ASE retard #2 looked around the back for the leak. Meanwhile the disconnected tube under the drivers seat slowly filled the tub with washer fluid.

I took a new 5.7L 300 loner car and went to work with a sizeable chip on my shoulder.

Next day drivers door is buffed out, drivers seat is replaced with a new one still in plastic, floor is all cleaned and a warranty windshield is on it's way to replaced my cracked one. No idea how the windshield got cracked but whatever, some mobile came out and did it in about 1/2 an hour.

Lets hope my second oil change goes smoother. I think I'll sit in the Jeep and listen to Click and Clack while they do it next time.

All said and done I think that oil 1st change cost the dealer about $1,200 not including the 20" tires I balded peeling out of the dealership in the loaner car.
They really shouldn't loan pissed off customers anything with Hemi.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOST, I'm not sure I would take mine back after that one...

But then again, maybe you can get a brand new passenger seat to match your driver side.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

First time I took mine in for an oil change (I did the prepay thing) I asked them to do the alignment because it was never right from the moment I bought it. When I got it back it was exactly the same. They didn't do a thing. And, they had it in their notes that I had gone with them for a ride to verify that the alignment was comleted. The only thing verifying that anyone went for a ride regarding the alignment was that the radio was on a Mexican station when I picked up the Jeep, and it was loud. "ESTEREO SOL PUNTO MEXICO EYEYAYAYAYAYA!!!!!!!!"
Old 07-30-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Rarely do I have anyone else do maintenance on my vehicles unless it's warranty work. Get eh basic tools and change the oil, rotate tires, change air filter, etc. etc. yourself, that way it gets done right. If you've never done it yourself and are nervous, just ask, I'm sure plenty of people near you would be willing to show you the ropes.
Old 07-30-2008, 12:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
Rarely do I have anyone else do maintenance on my vehicles unless it's warranty work. Get eh basic tools and change the oil, rotate tires, change air filter, etc. etc. yourself, that way it gets done right. If you've never done it yourself and are nervous, just ask, I'm sure plenty of people near you would be willing to show you the ropes.

I never changed my own oil and I've started on my Jeep... Since I changed to synthetic oil, the changes started costing me almost $80.... changing it myself costs less than half that...
Old 07-30-2008, 03:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Apostle
Just got mine, so hasnt been in yet, but will go to the dealer when the time comes. why?

$600 when i bought it and for the next 6/100,000 all service is covered: oil, pads, rotors, wipers, rotation, balance, doesnt matter how many times i bring it in (i verified).

so they break it, they fix it.
Can you take it to any stealership? I hope they don't close down.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Captain Jack
Can you take it to any stealership? I hope they don't close down.
Theyre a chain owned by the same dude, he has about 5 (?) in FL. So if one goes belly up, can take to another. checked that too

Quick Reply: First Oil change and first dealer story