Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Fixing to Lemon LAW my JK need some Input!!!

Old 02-14-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
From the sound of your story you don't have a lemon Jeep...you've got a lemon service department.
You can take it to any other dealers you want for warranty repairs.
A leak has to be fixed but just wondering...are you sure the wind noise isn't the same as all the other Jeeps have that don't have a problem.
Is it a louder noise than any other Jeep you've owned so that you can make a comparison.
Might be a Jeep thing y.. w......u.......stand?
If it is a warranty issue you can always request s freedom top and then start the process of bitching about it leaking it should only take 3 months to get back to the point you are at right now. Oh wait never mind it's a warranty issue. Sorry to be a smart ass. I am just fed up with Service Dept's and DC in general.

My buddy has the Commander and his Sunroof leaked from day one they have replaced the glass 3 times. They have replaced the seals 5 times and it still leaks. The dealer told him all sunroofs leak. LMAO. His response was none of my other cars have and ever car I have owned have had sun roofs and that would be a total of 12. They said they would continue to work on it. He is in the Lemon Law process. He has made worries of rust in less protected areas of the interior as they should never get wet and the possibility of mildew and mold growth. His Commander does smell Musty. Might help.

101gargoyles This was not Aimed at you sorry I quoted your post
Old 02-15-2008, 07:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 101gargoyles
From the sound of your story you don't have a lemon Jeep...you've got a lemon service department.
You can take it to any other dealers you want for warranty repairs.
A leak has to be fixed but just wondering...are you sure the wind noise isn't the same as all the other Jeeps have that don't have a problem.
Is it a louder noise than any other Jeep you've owned so that you can make a comparison.
Might be a Jeep thing y.. w......u.......stand?
NO!! The noise is not a normal Jeep soft top noise. Before they replaced the leaky top the first time it was fine. I heard some normal outside noise that anyone would hear with a soft top. This noise is a whistle sound plus air rushing in.

Took it back to them this morning and once again they are ordering more parts. A new bow, windshield rivet and yet another seal. How many times are they going to screw me around. As far as the vaccum hose that I put on there to make the hooks grab tighter the Head service manager told me they have been doing that for 30 years. I am taking it back to them on Tuesday morning when the parts come in and they are going to keep it all week and try yet again to fix it. I am getting the phone number to DC right now to file my complaint and probably gonna go ahead and call BBB and my attonery.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Firedog73
If it is a warranty issue you can always request s freedom top and then start the process of bitching about it leaking it should only take 3 months to get back to the point you are at right now. Oh wait never mind it's a warranty issue. Sorry to be a smart ass. I am just fed up with Service Dept's and DC in general.

My buddy has the Commander and his Sunroof leaked from day one they have replaced the glass 3 times. They have replaced the seals 5 times and it still leaks. The dealer told him all sunroofs leak. LMAO. His response was none of my other cars have and ever car I have owned have had sun roofs and that would be a total of 12. They said they would continue to work on it. He is in the Lemon Law process. He has made worries of rust in less protected areas of the interior as they should never get wet and the possibility of mildew and mold growth. His Commander does smell Musty. Might help.

101gargoyles This was not Aimed at you sorry I quoted your post

Hey they told me the same thing with my soft top. Oh all of them do it. YEAH RIGHT. Let me know how his Lemon Law is going.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:21 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
Hey guys and gals. I going once again in the AM to have my soft top looked at. This time for it getting soaking wet for the rain here a couple of days ago. I have been back and forth with it for wind noise at the windshield. I have had two header seals put on and also the whole header bar that the hooks are attached to. Still wind noise. The last time the service manager told me to put some rubber vaccum hose of the post where the hooks grab at. Well we did that and the noise is not as bad but then it leaked. I have had the JK in there going on 4 or 5 times now. I should not have to "rig" the top so that there is no wind noise. I am going to try and sit down with the service mngr and the owner of the dealership in the morning if they will.
Here is the delima i guess. Right now I have a 4x2. If I do end up lemon lawing it will they just cut me a check and then I can turn around and buy a 4x4 or will they just replace the vechicle with the exact one I have? I don't really want to go the lawyer route but talked to a guy today that lemon lawed a Dodge PU a couple of years ago and the attonery got the fees court cost and the price of the vechicle out of DC. My buddy was not out one cent.
Sorry so long but look forward to all of the JK family's opinion
Thanks in advance
Andrew

Also everything is documented as to how many times it has been at the dealership for the same problem

Lemon law that sucker!!!!

You know you want the 4x4!!!

I had a similar problem with wind noise and such. It was my header and they replaced the whole top. Since then no problems. I guess the thing had a slight bow in it and thats what caused my problems.
Old 02-15-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would stop f-ing around with the service department and start the lemon process. Contact Donavee and look up the specific lemon-law process for your state. All the info is online, I know, because I just looked it up for FL, with the same soft-top leaking issue. I've told the service department that I don't want to go through the lemon-law process, but will the very second my jeep smells and feels damp because of the leek. They are trying to fix it...

If you end up with a replacement vehicle, you will get the forever-warrantee (if you didn't already have it). If the replacement vehicle can be a different model, as Donavee said, then it must be based on price. If that's the case, then you are winning out, because the 08's have a bunch of options for the X model, like HD44 rear axle, e-locker, disco's, etc. You could configure a good jeep.

Also, I think Wolverine_Man has gone through the lemon-law process with his JK. Ask him about it; he's also a lawyer, I think.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by C_Kyle
Also, I think Wolverine_Man has gone through the lemon-law process with his JK. Ask him about it; he's also a lawyer, I think.
I sent him a PM. It shows that he has not be on since the middle of Jan. Hopefully he will get on and see it. I did talk to Jeff at Don a Vee and got some usefull info. I am taking it back to them on Tuesday and they are going to keep it the rest of the week. After that I will see where we are at and go forth with the lemon law. Keep the input coming. I appriciate all yalls advice and help
Andrew
Old 02-15-2008, 09:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Yeah, I think wolverine_man picked up a Mazda something after he lemon lawed his Jeep, so I don't think he's on here at all any more. Hopefully he'll check in though.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by utahgoose
Yeah, I think wolverine_man picked up a Mazda something after he lemon lawed his Jeep, so I don't think he's on here at all any more. Hopefully he'll check in though.
Yeah I tried to send him an email also. I also send one to WOL to see if he has an email addy on file for Wolverine_Man. I can only sit and wait. I do have a couple of other contacts that I think will help me out. We shall see.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:49 AM
JK Super Freak

bump.....................
Old 02-16-2008, 02:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Bump???????????????

Quick Reply: Fixing to Lemon LAW my JK need some Input!!!