Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

flag mount

Old 04-23-2016, 09:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flag mount

does anyone have any clever ideas on how to have a badass 3'x5' merican flag fly behind be jeep? perhaps a receiver hitch mount or something else creative?
Old 04-23-2016, 10:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you do, make sure the staff is so tall the flag does not touch or rest on any part of the jeep even at rest. If the flag touches ground, show proper respect and burn ceremoniously then bury ash. OR- go with the smaller flags for cars that don't require proper flag etiquette. Many Vets have strong feelings about flag respect. Too many don't really understand the do's and dont's.
Old 04-23-2016, 10:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BlackRockBurner
If you do, make sure the staff is so tall the flag does not touch or rest on any part of the jeep even at rest. If the flag touches ground, show proper respect and burn ceremoniously then bury ash. OR- go with the smaller flags for cars that don't require proper flag etiquette. Many Vets have strong feelings about flag respect. Too many don't really understand the do's and dont's.
Yes i understand. Thats why i was wondering a way to put a 6foot flag pole in a trailer hitch mount. The only problem is that the tailgate wont be able to open, which wont be a huge deal if i go topless.
Old 04-23-2016, 11:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Think it through if you fab a 6 foot pole mount. Has to hold a drogue chute, and the quicker you go the higher the stress. If it fails, you launch a spear. Think guy lines. 6 foot pole from hitch will mean flag touches spare tire.
Old 04-24-2016, 07:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know any vets (myself included) that would have a problem if it were to touch your jeep or spare tire. Just keep it off the ground and you're good.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:59 AM
JK Super Freak

In theater the flag will touch vehicle: stateside flag needs more respect. Flag should be free. Free from obstruction. You don't see flagpoles placed so flag hits buildings or trees. Also, on vehicles the flag should be attached to chassis or fender on passenger front if following guidelines. Display has to be lit if shown at night. Me: USAF.
Old 04-25-2016, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look up a website called Foreverwave.com
Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mrEman81
Look up a website called Foreverwave.com
These are a better choice. Not official Star&Stripes so there's leeway on display and etiquette. (Nobody gets upset if it gets worn/dirty/hits things)
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Jeepgeek15
does anyone have any clever ideas on how to have a badass 3'x5' merican flag fly behind be jeep? perhaps a receiver hitch mount or something else creative?

Yep sure do. Just ordered mine. Brand new company. And get this, it just doesn't hold flags. It can hold whatever you want. OH, also I can actually use the rear tailgate with this installed

https://www.gr8-innovations.com

You're welcome!
Old 09-28-2018, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been looking for one as well. In the meantime, I just stick a length of pvc pipe over my trailer tow. Then bungee it to my spare tire. More economical than the link above. Granted, that product looks nicer and I want one. But on a Jeep you can get away with pvc and bungee cord three times a year.

Quick Reply: flag mount