Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

flag mount

Old 09-28-2018, 05:43 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cutman
I've been looking for one as well. In the meantime, I just stick a length of pvc pipe over my trailer tow. Then bungee it to my spare tire. More economical than the link above. Granted, that product looks nicer and I want one. But on a Jeep you can get away with pvc and bungee cord three times a year.
For a Jeep, why wouldn’t you want something to secure your flag better!? This thing holds a full 3x5 flag at highway speeds and isn’t going anywhere.

Not so sure bungee cords, zip ties, or some forms of PVC can do that - that’s why this product was made. To eliminate the haste and make it easy to install and remove flag poles or other things. Plus, I installed it once and it stays on. I don’t have to re-tighten any cords or ties.

Its a super innovative product and works really well. Built well too. It’s a great thing for Jeepers. I think this will hit the market hard. I highly recommend it.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Originally Posted by JBulls17
Its a super innovative product and works really well. Built well too. It’s a great thing for Jeepers. I think this will hit the market hard. I highly recommend it.
Either this is your product, or you got skin in the game, cuz you're pumping this product on every single legacy flag mount thread you can locate. Bit too enthusiastically IMO.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by resharp001
Either this is your product, or you got skin in the game, cuz you're pumping this product on every single legacy flag mount thread you can locate. Bit too enthusiastically IMO.
I love Jeeps and like helping people. The forum has been so useful to me over the years finding answers to questions I have. Sorry if it came off to enthusiastic for you, I just get excited talking about Jeep stuff. I’m just trying to answer questions for people based on my experience with this product.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by JBulls17

I love Jeeps and like helping people. The forum has been so useful to me over the years finding answers to questions I have. Sorry if it came off to enthusiastic for you, I just get excited talking about Jeep stuff. I’m just trying to answer questions for people based on my experience with this product.

You may want to mention that the product you're so enthusiastic and helping others with also costs $130 instead of just posting links to the vendors website, which you supposedly have no skin in. $130 for a flag pole mount and it consists of nothing more than a 1 1/4" in piece of standard square tubing which can be found at any Home Depot and then tack welded on a couple sleeves and a nut. The TF one you don't even need the sleeves, since the hinge has 2 mounting holes. That product could be made by anyone that is able to shop at Home Depot and owns a tack welder for $10. It doesn't seem like some great innovative product. How you going to get excited about a $130 "flag pole mount"? It's about as exciting as getting $50 a piece valve stem caps......"but they're the greatest valve stem caps available off the shelf."

You seem a bit over enthusiastic for buying a $130 flag pole mount made of $10 worth of parts. People on this forum aren't dumb.

Last edited by Rednroll; 09-29-2018 at 05:46 AM.
Old 09-29-2018, 04:54 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rednroll
You may want to mention that the product you're so enthusiastic and helping others with also costs $130 instead of just posting links to the vendors website, which you supposedly have no skin in. $130 for a flag pole mount and it consists of nothing more than a 1 1/4" in piece of square tubing which can be found at any Home Depot and then tack welded on a couple sleeves and a nut. That product could be made by anyone that is able to shop at Home Depot and owns a tack welder for $10. It doesn't seem like some great innovative product. How you going to get excited about a $130 "flag pole mount"? It's about as exciting as getting $50 a piece valve stem caps......"but they're the greatest valve stem caps available off the shelf."
Totally valid points. I just don’t have the resources to make cuts of stainless or weld stuff. I’ve been searching the forums forever trying to find something I could install that was solid and wasn’t zip, bungee, etc.

I also see a lot of people doing that to their roll cage in the back, but I wanted to keep my top on and fly a flag. It was just an easy solution for me and worth the money and hassle of me trying to cut stainless, cut those support pegs, find a welder and make one myself. Totally see what you’re sayin, it is pretty simple .
Old 09-29-2018, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
You may want to mention that the product you're so enthusiastic and helping others with also costs $130 instead of just posting links to the vendors website, which you supposedly have no skin in. $130 for a flag pole mount and it consists of nothing more than a 1 1/4" in piece of square tubing which can be found at any Home Depot and then tack welded on a couple sleeves and a nut. The TF one you don't even need the sleeves, since the hing has 2 mounting holes. That product could be made by anyone that is able to shop at Home Depot and owns a tack welder for $10. It doesn't seem like some great innovative product. How you going to get excited about a $130 "flag pole mount"? It's about as exciting as getting $50 a piece valve stem caps......"but they're the greatest valve stem caps available off the shelf."

You seem a bit over enthusiastic for buying a $130 flag pole mount made of $10 worth of parts. People on this forum aren't dumb.
I agree with JBulls17, I don't know how to weld or cut metal. I like that there is a solution that the laments Jeep person like myself can order this and put it on. It was worth it for me personally.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggy21
I agree with JBulls17, I don't know how to weld or cut metal. I like that there is a solution that the laments Jeep person like myself can order this and put it on. It was worth it for me personally.
No worries. Nobody thinks it's odd that you just joined this forum and your 1st two responses just happen to be to JBulls17's two separate flagpole mount posts either.

Apparently this flag pole mount is such an exciting product it's bringing people out of the wood work to start joining forums to talk about it.

Quick Reply: flag mount