Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!

Old 09-19-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Eddie.

You know, in all honesty, I think most people are reading into this the wrong way and i'm begining to think I have to defend myself now for just simply trying to get feedback from others in this thread and site before I committed to buying this product. I posted this because I did hear those things not only from the shop I mentioned but also from a local person that did have issues with their lift and had it removed. Now ironically, they did have it installed their too. This is the closest shop to our area so that's why I went there.

Like I told David at Northridge, anyone is free to contact them and speak to them directly and ask the questions. After all, it is they who are saying these things and I wanted to see if what they told me held any water at all, hence the thread I put up.

Also, some people in this very thread, have expressed that they have had issues already. I've read every single response so far because of all the defending I keep having to do.

I could see how David would not be happy to hear this since he does after all, sell that product. But he jumped (in my opinon) to the wrong conclusion on this and seems to have started a chain reaction in a negative way. He's also emailed me directly accusing me of not telling who it was when in fact I not only told him the shop but where it was located at.

So seriously, if anyone has any issues with this, they should really be contacting that that shop because they are the ones saying this about that product.

Originally Posted by JoesJeep
I thought this forum and site were here to help each other out, not put people down for posting what he or she has heard in an attemp to get some feedback.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Hello Eddie.

You know, in all honesty, I think most people are reading into this the wrong way and i'm begining to think I have to defend myself now for just simply trying to get feedback from others in this thread and site before I committed to buying this product.
You know, in all honesty, I don't think they are and if you really believe you've done nothing wrong, why feel the need to defend yourself? As Renegade said, if your original post had maybe been in the form of a question about people having problems instead of a triple exclamation, there might not have been the reaction you are seeing now.

I posted this because I did hear those things not only from the shop I mentioned but also from a local person that did have issues with their lift and had it removed.
And that really saddens me because I KNOW who this local person you are referring to is and I'm really disappointed that she would go so far as to tell you the things that she has. The fact of the matter is, you only know half the story and yet you come on here posting all this crap like it's truth and in the form of an URGENT WARNING!!

Now ironically, they did have it installed their too. This is the closest shop to our area so that's why I went there.
LOL!!! There's nothing ironic about about it at all. This 4 Wheel Parts blew the install, pissed off their customers (there were in fact 2) and then tried blaming their mistakes on Full Traction. By the way, did your local friend tell you about the kind of customer service she received and what else they screwed up on her Jeep or did she conveniently leave those details out? If she did tell you, why you would still believe a single word this 4 Wheel Parts has told you or why you would still consider using them is beyond me.

Last edited by wayoflife; 09-19-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Renegade
Maybe if your original post had been in the form of a question about people having problems instead of a triple exclamation, there wouldn't have been such a reaction. You are definately entitled to your opinion and this IS a good place to get questions answered. I would have to say that I have read a lot more good things on here from the various users of FT lifts than bad. If this was a widespread problem we would have heard about it. Good luck with your decision.
I could not agree more... The thread title reads: "Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!"

This reads mush more like a warning than a question. As a matter of fact, when I opened the thread, I expected to read about how someone's lift grenaded on them or something. Might I humbly suggest that in the future if you are looking for comment you maybe title your thread something like: "Questions about FT lifts" or something like that. That way nobody feels like a quality product is being attacked before they even read your post. I’m assuming your intent was not to attack or malign FT or any of their products as the content of your post is not written in that tone. Please don’t read anything mean or accusatory into my comments as they are not meant that way.

Now that I've Hi-Jacked, let me get back to the original thread:
I've seen the components of the 3" FT lift, and I've got to say it appears to be one of the best constructed lifts I've ever seen. I've probably installed a half a dozen different lifts on TJs and YJs, and none of them have compared in build quality. I've been told that FT will be releasing a Long Arm kit, and can't wait as I will be calling Dave at Northridge to order one when they are available.

As for the Budget Boosts, I can’t speak to them as I haven’t seen one, but since the introduction of coils on wranglers I’ve never been impressed by lifts that place poly pucks under the springs so if those were acting weird, I wouldn’t be surprised. This of course is just my personal opinion and not the result of personal experience.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'll have to agree with everyone........The post did seem like a scare tactic or something..........and included no details about what was actually wrong with all of the supposedly bad lifts that the shop is pulling off.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

BTW: I know way more about what's going on than you realize so please don't play me for stupid. (WOL's quote to me)
You know Eddie, as the main guy of this site and in your position, that last comment you made really surprises me. I wasn't trying to play you or anyone else for anything at all.

I also see that me mentioning someone elses experience which by the way, I do know that you are aware of it, has upset you in a way. Am I wrong???

Anyhow, this is getting to be highschool nonsense to me. Enough already!!!!!
Since this is your domain, if you don't want me on it, just let me know and i'm off! Now you really don't seem to be handling this situation very profesionally at all and seem to be letting your personal feeling cloud your judgement.

I deal with people day in and day out in my profession and my service and how i treat others is what earns my my money. If I was to treat someone the way it seems your dealing with this, i'd be out of work and broke. I also do government work as well and you have to be a very standup individual to do what I do and you are constantly being tested on many things including dealing with all kinds of situations and finding the best solutions while being fair.

So the ball is in your court. Which way shall we go?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:16 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

You know Eddie, as the main guy of this site and in your position, that last comment you made really surprises me. I wasn't trying to play you or anyone else for anything at all.
Sorry, I had deleted that last comment soon after posting it but apparently you got to it first.

I also see that me mentioning someone elses experience which by the way, I do know that you are aware of it, has upset you in a way. Am I wrong???
Upset? No. Dissappointed? Absolutely, but certainly not because of anything you did.

Anyhow, this is getting to be highschool nonsense to me. Enough already!!!!!
Since this is your domain, if you don't want me on it, just let me know and i'm off!
LOL!! You think we could do without the drama queen routine already?!!! Please get a grip on yourself

Now you really don't seem to be handling this situation very profesionally at all and seem to be letting your personal feeling cloud your judgement.
Ummm, who says I need to handle this situation professionally? As far as my personal feelings go - huh?! Where did that come from

I deal with people day in and day out in my profession and my service and how i treat others is what earns my my money. If I was to treat someone the way it seems your dealing with this, i'd be out of work and broke. I also do government work as well and you have to be a very standup individual to do what I do and you are constantly being tested on many things including dealing with all kinds of situations and finding the best solutions while being fair.
Oh, aren't you just the roll model cog in the machine. Well, I'm sorry if I don't live up to your self-righteous expectation but I am who I am and you can take it or leave it.

So the ball is in your court. Which way shall we go?
Your right, the ball is always in my court because this is my forum but you're the one who needs to decide what you will do from here. The way I see it, you need to stop making stupid excuses for what you've done here and apologize for starting misleading rumors about Full Traction. And yes, that's EXACTLY what you did.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

JoesJeep, I think if you really want to settle this, call this shop and ask them exactly what is going wrong with these lifts. I am sure that we would have heard from many other forum members that have the FT lift if their's was going down the sh!%er. You just made it sound like there was a recall or something - which there is not.

- You also need to remember that reading these posts comes out diferently than someone speaking. I don't think anyone is yelling, but adding their input.

......my $0.01 (if I keep giving $0.02 away, I'd soon be bankrupt - I needed to cut down)
Old 09-19-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi Master

Maybe this thread should have been moved to "The Rumor Mill" rather than "JK Talk"?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can't we all just get along ? Sorry he's in the news again. I really do have 20,000 on my lift the bugs are dead.Got my licence renewal in the mail today has it been a year already?
Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Ok people, i'm just answering Simon's question here.

Simon, hello.

To answer your question, the shop did tell me what's happening with the lifts and I stated that in the original thread I believe. But just in case, and to try and get more detailed. So here's what THEY said:1. the bolts on it were wrong and too small which is contributing to the slop and clunking sound that according to them, a small group of people have reported. It was allowing suspension components to move and not as intended. 2. The joints (on the premium kit's arms) were wearing out faster than should be especially when wheeled hard and were also to blame for part of the slop feel. 3. Those that did have it done, reported that their JK's were not driving well.

They told me this in person and after all of this furror here, I called to ask them questions with regards to that brands lifts without saying that I had been there or knew anything about it and guess what, still said the same thing and tried to steer my clear of that product.

Anyhow, hope this answers your question ok.

For those that don't believe me and since you're wanting some sort of proof, I strongly suggest you simply call that shop and ask them about the Full traction lift and see what they tell you. 4 Wheel Parts in Sacramento, Ca. off of El Camino Ave and 80.

I hate to put a business like this on the spot but they are the ones making these statments, not I. That's why I was hoping to get some clarification here.

Last edited by JoesJeep; 09-19-2007 at 05:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!