Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!

Old 09-21-2007, 08:46 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dayton1999
4 Wheel Parts is a sponser. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware and 4 Wheel Parts are one in the same company.
They are owned by the same company, but I think they are still seperate "companies". I think Piginajeep explained this in another thread. I'll see if I can find it
Old 09-21-2007, 08:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by benmar2000

Popcorn anyone?
Can I get a soda, too?
Old 09-21-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

4 Wheel Parts is a sponser. 4 Wheel Drive Hardware and 4 Wheel Parts are one in the same company.
Here's the thread I was thinkin of. Although I thought he explained it more.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ht=wheel+parts
Old 09-21-2007, 09:07 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Since money talks, hopefully the various sponsors will take notice and provide some feedback along these lines in the interest of open discussion. If not, I'd say enjoy this place for what it is -- a great resource (among many) for certain kinds of JK-related info.
Money is not the issue IMHO. I will not stand behind a product or a company that is not doing the right thing.

You dont see me selling jeeperman anymore do you?

The thing i like about this site is they dont alloy bashing of a product with out proof. If people have proof then post it and the moderators cant say anything about it.

I just hate how people think that is all a forum is for is to send out warnings and bash products.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

Location: Mountain View, CA & Incline Village, Lk. Tahoe, NV (summer house)

Northridge definitely only sells products that they believe they are good... something that they would use themselves. They are not an average 4 wheel parts store like 4 Wheel Parts, 4WD.com or Quadratec that sells thousands of products good or bad. The best part is Northridge is a small company and anytime you call there, you get to talk to an expert!

That said, 4 Wheel Parts store actually sells Full Traction lift kit (via internet or local). I was talking to one of the guy at 4 Wheel Parts near me who has FT Ultimate installed on his JK, and had nothing bad to say. Also, WOL was on the cover of their own free magazine, Off-Road Adventures (June 2007 issue), and the main article was about WOL's latest lift; FT 3" Ultimate. It's just that 4 Wheel Parts is like Jeep dealers... some are good, some are bad. It depends on which store you go to (or which guy you talk to or which mechanic you deal with), it could be a bad or good experience.

Last edited by JKing 777; 09-21-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:50 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1BADJK
As funny as this all is.. I called 4 Wheel parts Yesterday to get a quote on a full traction ultimate and they said they wouldn't even sell it to me because of all the problems.. (Portland, OR).. Tried selling me a SkyCrapper... Ya Right.. Northridge here I come...
Where is the defense for SkyJacker? This comment seems even worse to me than the original topic. Where are the facts?

One of the other members posted something that I believe to be very true. I find this forum to be a fantastic source of information. But man, make a remark that disagrees with the moderators or sponsoring vendors and it is slam time. WOL asked that member to show proof of previous slams for topics... They are not hard to find, but of course you (whomever the author of the slam is) will not see it that way since it is your opinion.

Yes, the original topic could have been posted better, but how many of you have problems saying what you mean via email? the telephone? even in person for those of us that are married. The original poster came back and clarified his remarks and still ya'll didn't let up.

So what is my point? I'm requesting that we try to focus on the issue without making it personal. This topic is 6 pages of worthless information (which I just added to...). We could have arrived at some type of closure much sooner.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:00 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel free to defend SkyJacker if you want! No ones stopping anyone from coming to their defense.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Feel free to defend SkyJacker if you want! No ones stopping anyone from coming to their defense.
See, I have to clarify. It was a retorical question. No one reacted to that piece of fiction. Why not? What is the difference to that blanket statement vs the original topic?
Old 09-21-2007, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

And the camera! Don't forget the camera!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't believe I just wasted all this time reading this entire thread. I was duped!

This is just the obligatory thread of the month where we hash all this same crap out again....

But on the other hand, if Eddie shut them down like they should be instead of wasting our time he'd be called out for for ruling with an iron first. It's a lose/lose...you have my sympathies wol.

Quick Reply: Full Traction lifts having problems!!!!!